I’ve practiced yoga for years, but recently started going to classes with my brother’s girlfriend, a dedicated yogi. The studio has it’s own juice bar that makes the BEST green protein smoothie EVER. (Shout out to One Love Juice Bar at YogaOne!) Seriously!! I look forward to classes as much for my post-workout smoothie as I do the class itself!
Why is this green protein smoothie so amazing?
- It’s rich and creamy and doesn’t taste like you’re eating your veggies
- In addition to being full of vitamins and minerals, this green smoothie is high in protein too.
- It truly is good for you! Gluten free, dairy free, and free of refined sugars or artificial sweeteners.
- It is an absolutely gorgeous shade of green! No slimy, brown, yucky looking green smoothie here!
Some of the ingredients used at the juice bar are a bit uncommon and might not be available at a regular grocer (pecan milk?). That’s why I recreated this recipe using ingredients that should be easier to find, so you (and I) can make it at home anytime!
The BEST Green Protein Smoothie Ingredients
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 handfuls spinach (about 1 cup)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (Hemp protein powder keeps the recipe dairy free and sugar free, though you can sub with your choice of protein)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (The original recipe calls for pecan milk, but you can sub any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed.
Makes 2 servings. (You can store one in the fridge for later if needed).
Pin the BEST Green Protein Smoothie Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like these delicious healthy smoothie recipes:
Super Food Pumpkin Smoothie on My Think Big Life
Get a FREE Daily Goal Planner!
Join thousands of moms & dads in sharing ideas and positivity by subscribing to the Soccer Mom Blog Weekly Inspiration Newsletter - and get a FREE Daily Goal Planner, too!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram