What’s inside: How to throw a game day party for under $30 featuring a delicious (and easy) Hawaiian Sliders recipe — sponsored by Save-A-Lot.
Whether or not you’re a die-hard football fan, a game day party is a fun excuse to get together with family and friends, and share yummy food and drink!
When planning a game day party, or any party for that matter, supplies can quickly add up. That’s why we put together this tip sheet for a thrifty game day party. Snacks, drinks, and decor — all for under $30 from Save-A-Lot!
Save-A-Lot has all the essentials for a successful party, and their low prices will help you stay under budget. With savings up to 40% on other grocers, Save-A-Lot is our headquarters for game day savings!
PLUS we’re giving away two $25 Save-A-Lot gifts cards to help plan your next party! Read on for all the details!
Our Party Haul
With the items we scored at Save-A-Lot, we created a game day tablescape featuring Hawaiian sliders, football brownies, football mason jars for drinks (and the beverages we served in them).
PARTY TIP #1 – We rounded out or party with a few items we already had on hand at home (mason jars). Always check the cabinets, old birthday party supplies, etc. for treasures that can be reused!
Hawaiian Sliders Recipe
This is our favorite Hawaiian Sliders recipe. Sliders are the perfect party food, and they’re super simple to make!
- 2-2oz packets ham
- 1 4oz block of cheese
- 1 package Hawaiian buns
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 can pineapple slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the Hawaiian buns in half as a sheet.
- Layer the ham, cheese, pineapple, and then the top half of the buns.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour the butter mixture over the buns.
- Cover the sliders with tinfoil and bake 30-40 minutes until butter is fully absorbed.
** You might also like this Hawaiian Steak Skewers recipe.
Easy Football Mason Jars
Use a white washable “window writer” marker to draw football laces on a clear mason jar. When you pour a drink into the jar, it really looks like a football!
PARTY TIP #2 – Use your marker to label jars with names so it will be easy to keep track of which cup belongs to which guest.
Use an oval or football-shaped cookie cutter to create your football brownies. White writing icing, or regular frosting piped through a decorating bag, makes the laces.
Party Tip #3 – When serving large crowds, use time-saving tricks whenever possible. Box brownie mix is quick, easy, and your guests won’t know the difference!
Enter to win 1 of 2 $25 Save-A-Lot Gifts Cards
We’re teaming up with Save-A-Lot to give away a $25 gift card to 2 lucky winners! Here’s how to enter:
- CLICK HERE to visit Save-A-Lot.com where you can join the Smart Shoppers Club.
- Check out the big game recipes on the Save-A-Lot website, and comment below with the recipe you’d most like to try OR your favorite game day party hack.
- Enter your name and contact information in the giveaway form below, and let me know that you also commented on the blog post.
- Visit The Soccer Mom Blog on Instagram for a second chance to win!
One winner will be chosen from qualified entries via the blog post giveaway and one winner will be chosen from qualified entries via the Instagram giveaway. One winner per household; 18+ US residents only.
CLICK HERE to find the Save-A-Lot location nearest you and for your store’s weekly specials!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Save-A-Lot. The opinions and text are all mine.
**See a full list of recipes on the Soccer Mom Blog here**
Get a FREE Daily Goal Planner!
Join thousands of moms & dads in sharing ideas and positivity by subscribing to the Soccer Mom Blog Weekly Inspiration Newsletter - and get a FREE Daily Goal Planner, too!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram