This was a spur of the moment creation, but it turned out so amazing that I had to share! This molten chocolate bread took 15 minutes to bake and is oozing with chocolate — just the way I like my desserts!
Matt had accidentally left an extra can of crescent dough on the counter while he was putting away the groceries and the top popped off, so he decided to go ahead and make a quick dessert to keep the dough from going to waste. Lilu has a ton of Halloween candy left, and he thought this would be a good way to make use of some of it!
First, he kneaded the crescent dough into one big ball and then flattened it out to about 1/3″ thick. He took one full-size chocolate bar (but you could use 3-4 fun-sized bars), broke it into a few pieces, and lined them up along the middle of the dough. Finally, he folded the ends of the dough over (like you would a burrito) and then folded the sides over and pinched them together so it would keep it’s shape while baking.
He baked for 15 minutes and 350° (oven cooking times may vary), until it was a golden brown on top. The dough pulled apart slightly to reveal the rich molten chocolate inside.
Of course it was a hit! This was so easy that we will definitely be making it again when we need a quick, easy chocolate fix. This is also a dessert that would be perfect to make with your kids (and they will LOVE to taste the results!)
Here is a printable version of this Molten Chocolate Bread Recipe:
- 1 can crescent dough
- 1 full size full sized chocolate bar or about 3 fun-sized bars
- Knead crescent dough into one big ball.
- Flatten to about 1/3" thickness.
- Break candy bar into 3-4 smaller pieces and line up along the middle of the dough, leaving about 1" on all sides with no chocolate.
- Fold bottom (about 1") of dough over (like a burrito).
- Fold sides over and pinch together like a dumpling.
- Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Be sure to check out the rest of my husband’s amazing recipes! There’s a little bit of everything: from easy, to healthy, and everything in between!
Last updated on July 24th, 2019 at 09:50 am