Smooth, rich, and velvety — this keto whipped hot chocolate is a decadent-tasting treat that’s surprisingly guilt free! Only 3 ingredients and 3g net carbs! Yes…this is real life!! One of my favorite new keto recipes and I know you’re going to love it too!
Keto Whipped Cocoa
If you’ve seen the whipped coffee and whipped hot chocolate recipes that are trending right now? They look amazing…am I right?!
Picture this: Warm hot cocoa infused with fluffy chocolate whipped cream and topped with a dusting of dark chocolate. It’s rich, creamy, and like no other hot chocolate you’ll ever taste!
Wanna guess how much sugar is in a serving? Probably more than you want to know…cough…30 grams…cough…
The good news is that a couple simple switches will make this drink keto-friendly!
Whether or not you’re on the keto diet, this is an awesome way to enjoy the deliciousness that is whipped cocoa — without all the calories, carbs, and sugar!
It’s sooooo good y’all!! I’m totally hooked!!
Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; read disclosure policy here.
Here’s what you need to make our keto whipped chocolate drink:
- Heavy whipping cream — You can use regular dairy, or a non-dairy alternative. Silk Dairy Free Heavy Whipping Cream is 0g carbs and dairy free (it actually has fewer carbs than dairy whipping cream!)
- Sugar free hot chocolate mix — Nutrition content will vary depending on what brand you choose. We love Lakanto Drinking Chocolate because it has amazing flavor and low net carb count. It even has probiotics! PS – When you buy through MY LINK and use code ‘SOCCERMOM’ you can save 15%
- Unsweetened chocolate almond milk — If you have regular (unsweetened) almond milk on hand, that is fine too! Using chocolate almond milk simply adds extra rich chocolate flavor!
How to Make Whipped Hot Chocolate
I love this recipe because it’s really not that much more work than regular hot cocoa…but the difference is incredible! Soooo worth taking a couple minutes to whip it all up!
Speaking of whipping…here’s how to do it!
Step 1: Whip it!
There are a few different ways you can make your whipped cream:
- Wire whisk — No special equipment needed! Making whipped cream with a whisk takes a little bit longer and requires a little bit of physical effort. But this way you don’t have to wash any appliances when you’re done!
- Milk Frother — This is a clever handheld gadget that’s lightweight and quickly whips milk or cream into an airy froth. Often used for cappuccino foam, it works well here too!
- Electric mixer — The easiest way if you’re making multiple servings, as you can whip a bunch of cream up at once.
Step 2: Pour it
Before you start on your whipped cream, go ahead and pop your mug of chocolate almond milk in the microwave to warm up. Twenty to thirty seconds should be fine — you don’t want it to bubble out of the mug. Handle carefully in case the mug itself becomes hot!
You can also heat your almond milk on the stovetop. This is the move if you’re making multiple servings, instead of microwaving them one by one.
Step 3: Mix it
Once your almond milk is warm and your whipped cream is fluffy, it’s time to put it all together! Add almond milk to your mug or glass (if you heated it in a pan) so that the mug is 3/4 of the way full. Scoop whipped cream on top — as much as you can fit!
We topped our whipped hot chocolate with a dusting of sugar free dark chocolate because, well, chocolate! You could also top with cinnamon!
Best enjoyed immediately (as if you’d want to wait!)
How to Make Non-Dairy Whipped Hot Chocolate
Some sugar free hot chocolate mixes do contain milk based ingredients, so always check the labels. The Lakanto brand we suggested in our ingredients list is vegan, so it’s perfect if you’re looking for a dairy free option!
Since we used almond milk for the base of the drink, you’re all set there. The final thing is to choose a non-dairy whipping cream, which thankfully does exist! We suggested Silk brand in our ingredients list, but if you have another go-to brand feel free to use that. Again, check the ingredients to make sure that there is no added sugar.
This drink is easy to customize to meet a variety of dietary needs!
Can you make iced whipped chocolate?
Sure! We’re heading into fall right now, so I’m all about warm drinks. However it gets HOT here in Texas during the summer, so I can imagine how refreshing this would be served over ice!
The only thing you’d have to do differently is skip warming up the almond milk. You can serve with our without ice, depending on your preference.
Here’s how to make a cold whipped chocolate drink:
- Add ice to your glass (optional).
- Pour cold unsweetened chocolate almond milk over ice, leaving about an inch or two at the top.
- Whip sugar free hot chocolate mix into heavy whipping cream until fluffy. Scoop on top of almond milk.
More of our favorite keto-friendly drink recipes:
- Keto Bulletproof Coffee
- Dairy Free Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Coconut Keto Mojitos
- Keto Vanilla Fat Burning Latte
- Low Carb Strawberry Lemonade
Low Carb Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you liked this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments!
Keto Whipped Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 teaspoons sugar free hot chocolate mix we used Lakanto drinking chocolate mix
- 5 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- Whip cocoa mix and heavy cream together until fluffy, like whipped cream.
- Warm almond milk in microwave for 20 seconds. You can also warm on the stove and pour into a mug.
- Scoop the whipped cream on top of the chocolate almond milk.
- Garnish with shaved sugar free chocolate and enjoy!
Pin this keto whipped hot chocolate recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like:
- 20 Thrifty Kitchen Hacks - March 21, 2023
- Easter Fudge - March 20, 2023
- 40 April Fools Day Jokes for Kids - March 19, 2023
Leave a Reply