Even though it’s inspired by a vengeful fairy, this beautiful shimmering Maleficent Halloween Cocktail is anything but scary! Our delicious purple Maleficent drink is a show-stopper and guaranteed to be the hit of any party!
Maleficent Halloween Cocktail
Maleficent 2 hits theaters this month, and to celebrate, we have an absolutely gorgeous Maleficent inspired cocktail!
My mom says it looks “poisonous,” and even though it’s named after a vengeful fairy, I promise this sparkling purple Maleficent drink is perfectly delicious!
Plus, it is one of the most amazingly looking Halloween cocktails I’ve ever seen! It literally sparkles!
What Makes it Sparkle?
The secret to the sparkle in our Maleficent cocktail is this silver cocktail shimmer powder, which adds a magical look to drinks with just a pinch!
But don’t worry! If you don’t have any edible glitter on hand or time to buy some, this drink is still fabulously fun without it!
Maleficent Cocktail Ingredients
I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz raspberry liqueur
- 2 oz Sprite
- 1 tsp. silver cake shimmer
- 1 drop purple gel food coloring (we love gel food colorings because they create such vibrant colors!)
Bartender’s Tools Used
- Combine your liquors, silver cake shimmer dust, food coloring, and lime juice in a large cocktail shaker.
- Shake for about 5 seconds to mix, then pour into a cocktail glasse filled with ice. Top with Sprite or similar lemon lime soda.
TIP: You don’t need fancy tools or a strainer for this recipe – during my bartending days I preferred stainless steel Boston Shakers (2-piece simple cocktail shaker cup set).
How to make a pitcher:
An average pitcher will hold about 4 servings, depending on the size.
To make enough for a group, simply quadruple the ingredient amounts. If you still have room in the pitcher, you can increase as needed.
TIP: If you’re going to make a pitcher’s worth, wait to stir the shimmer powder into each individual drink instead of adding to the pitcher. That way the shimmer won’t settle to the bottom of the pitcher and not make it into each drink.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a non-alcoholic version?
While the original recipe is alcoholic, you can make it kid-friendly with a few simple swaps:
- Replace vodka with more Sprite
- Use grenadine in place of raspberry liquor
You’ll still get that gorgeous color and everyone can enjoy this sparkly purple Halloween punch!
Can I rim the glass with sugar?
While this Halloween drink is perfectly tasty and eye-catching as is, you can absolutely add a festive touch with sparkly cocktail sugar.
You might check out Black Pearl Cocktail Sugar from Snowy River Cocktails. Here’s an example on one of the cocktails from their blog:
Image credit: Snowy River Cocktails
- Click here to check out this awesome black cocktail sugar on Amazon (and see other colors available!)
Why does my drink look black?
I’ve gotten this question from readers saying that their drink turned out such a dark purple that it almost looked black. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, because it should taste the same and still looks pretty creepy!
The color of your drink may vary depending on the brand of raspberry liquor used, as well as your food coloring. Different brands of these products may have different shades, and may create different purples, from reddish to indigo, to almost black.
You could also play around with adding more of the mixers (soda and lime juice) to lighten things up a bit.
More of our favorite Halloween recipes:
- Frankenstein Cake Pops
- Hocus Pocus Frosting-Filled Halloween Cookies
- Easy Halloween Pudding Cups
- Jack Skellington Pull-Apart Cupcakes
- Spooky Slime Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats
- Creamsicle Flavored Mini Halloween Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookies
- Candy Corn Jello Shots
- Black Raven Cocktail
Grab a free printable copy of our Maleficent Halloween Cocktail Recipe:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Maleficent Halloween Cocktail
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 2 oz Raspberry Liqueur
- 2 oz Sprite
- 1 tsp Silver Cake Shimmer
- 1 drop Purple Food Coloring
- Combine liquors, silver shimmer, food coloring, and lime juice in large cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 5 seconds to mix.
- Pour your mixture into a cocktail glass with ice.
- Fill remainder of the glass with Sprite or similar lemon lime soda.<em><small>Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.</small></em>
Pin this Maleficent Halloween Cocktail Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: