Fall Scented Homemade Playdough
One of my favorite things about fall are all the smells! Apple pie, pumpkin spice lattes, even the smell of leaves on the ground — I love it all! These fall play dough recipes are inspired by my favorite autumn fragrances. They’re all non-toxic and taste-safe and they all smell FABULOUS!
1.Apple Scented Playdough Recipe
– flour – salt* – water – apple sauce – apple pie spice – cream of tartar – TB oil – red food coloring
2. Cinnamon Scented Playdough Recipe
– flour – water – salt – cream of tartar – vegetable oil – cornstarch – teaspoons cinnamon – brown food coloring, as needed
3. Pumpkin Scented Playdough Recipe
– flour – water – salt – pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin) – cinnamon – TB cream of tartar – TB oil – orange food coloring
- Cream of tartar acts as a preservative - Cream of tartar also adds a bit of elasticity to your dough
Why Do You Use Cream of Tartar in Playdough?
What Can I Substitute for Cream of Tartar?
– white vinegar – lemon juice, strained first to remove the pulp
Does Homemade Playdough Need to be Refrigerated?
When I make my basic microwave playdough recipe, I usually don’t need to keep it in the fridge. I simply store in an airtight container.
Get Our NEW Playdough Recipe E-Book
3 Fall Playdough Recipes (Printable Instructions)
Swipe up now for Kids Activities