Over the past few months I’ve gotten to know some amazing family bloggers through the Kid Blogger Network. A few of them host a monthly link-up about setting goals, and I’m always inspired! This month I decided to finally sit down and write out my goals for October so I could participate and see if it really does help me get more accomplished.
I don’t think I need to explain why setting goals is important, but if you’re like me, you might not always take the time to write them down. I do make impromptu to-do lists when I start to feel overwhelmed and want to make sure I don’t forget things, but I feel like having a focused outline for the month might help me keep from getting overwhelmed in the first place.
Why Setting Goals is important, and why you should write them down:
Writing goals at the beginning of the month is essentially creating a plan. You will be able to visualize on a large scale and there will be no last-minute surprises or forgotten tasks. You’ll be less likely to feel overwhelmed if you start right away and have all of your ideas and deadlines right in front of you.
Writing things down makes them “official” and creates accountability. There are no excuses because you can’t forget to do something that is on a list that you look at every day! You’ll be more likely to finish what you started.
My October Blogging Goals
- Make a few small tweaks to my site design to improve the overall experience. (Carefully! I don’t ever want to crash my site again!!)
- Look into a specialized host as the blog continues to grow (though BlueHost has been awesome so far!)
- Finish my first ebook (My husband is taking time off this weekend to keep the kiddos occupied so I will have no excuses!)
My October Household Goals
- Finish organizing the home office
- Create Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations
- Catch up on laundry…ha! (I think this will be an ongoing goal…forever!)
My October Personal Goals
- Start adding more yoga back into my exercise routine (I focused heavily on weight training to tone up and it worked, but I have lost some flexibility in the process)
- Make a concentrated effort to find balance between blogging (work) and family (sometimes I get caught up in the social media aspect of this job, and I feel like I need to have my phone with me at all times)
I feel like this will be plenty to keep me busy throughout the month, and I don’t want to start with an overly ambitious list and not finish what I set out to do. Do you make set goals on a regular basis? I’d love to hear what you have planned this month!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- PEEPS Bunny Cupcakes - February 26, 2020
- Easter Themed Sight Words Games - February 24, 2020
- How to Start a Blog from the Ground Up in 10 Steps - February 20, 2020
Last updated on November 29th, 2016 at 09:01 am