The Soccer Mom Blog is a Houston Texas Mom Blog with a focus on positive lifestyle, recipes, parenting encouragement, kids activities, DIY & home, fitness and more.
Hi, I’m Stacey
My goal with the Soccer Mom Blog is to inspire other moms (and dads!) to live positively.
You’ll find lot of fun stuff here: real food recipes, positive parenting, money saving tips, kids activities, pregnancy and breastfeeding encouragement, home hacks, healthy mind and body, and DIY tutorials.
I love to share do-able ideas that have been helpful in our own life!
Collaborations, Brand Ambassadorships, & Sponsored Content
- Want to work together? — If you’re a brand, click here to find out more about how to partner with the Soccer Mom Blog, as well as my media kit.
Connect with The Soccer Mom Blog on social media
- I’d love to connect with you on social media! You can find me (probably spending too much time) on:
To make a long story short…
Fifteen years ago I was a theater major at West Virginia University, consistently ranked as the number one party school in the country.
Ten years ago I was bartending, living on my own, staying up as late as I wanted, and having a blast. But something was missing…
Today I’m 34 and married, with three amazing daughters living in the ‘burbs of Houston, TX. My weekends definitely look a lot different these days!
I’m no expert on motherhood — I had some very well thought out plans, but my motto quickly became whatever works!
I’m here to share what DID work, what was a big fail, and what it’s like to go from party girl to working mom to housewife and everything in between.
Thanks for reading!
Stacey Garska Rodriguez aka The Soccer Mom
A Little Bit More About Me
- My Family: We are a party of five! The Rodriguez fam includes me, my husband Matt and our three girls: 13-year-old Lilu, 7-year-old AB, and 3-year-old Miss America. We also have an animal family that includes our dog Zelda, cat Duke, 7 chickens, and a turtle.
- My Hobbies: Free time is a bit hard to come by these days, but I enjoy exercising (especially yoga) and being outside with my chickens or my garden. I also love watching sports with my family. I’m a die-hard West Virginia University fan – I bleed blue and gold! And of course I support our Houston teams in every sport!
- Our Home: I was born and raised in Almost Heaven, West Virginia and I still consider that “home.” However, I moved to Houston, Texas during college and that is now “home” too. I think your heart is big enough for two special places, right?
- What I’m Known For: Aside from being a “mom blogger” (and I embrace that term…my job rules!!) I’m also known as a “slime blogger” because we make LOTS of slime recipes in our house! Our specialty is making taste-safe edible slime that can be made with simple kitchen ingredients.
- Who Plays Soccer? I spent my entire childhood and teen years on the soccer field, and I was blessed that my dad loved the sport and coached me throughout my career. My ankles won’t let me play anymore, but my girls are finally old enough to hit the field now and I’m excited to show them the ropes. Lilu recently played her first season, so I truly got to earn my name “soccer mom.” And Matt was a pretty awesome “soccer dad” too!
- My Dream: My Granny and Grandad had almost 40 acres in the West Virginia hills when I was growing up, and my dream was always to recreate that kind of a place for my own family. We recently moved to 5 acres in the country, just outside Houston, where the kids have a little more room to run and play. Perhaps someday I’ll have my 40 acres too!
Houston Texas Mom Blog – Parenting & Positive Lifestyle Blogger
Contact me: StaceyGarska@gmail.com