I’ll admit it – I’m a baby wipe addict! At any given time you can find a pack in our living room, bathroom, car, my purse, kitchen … oh, and of course at the changing table!
Baby wipes are crucial in those first couple years of changing diapers, but ask any mom and I bet they use wipes for more than just baby bums!
I’ve put together a list of my 27 favorite uses for baby wipes – some I discovered on my own, some I learned from friends and family. All are awesome!
One thing to keep in mind – all baby wipes are not created equal! I’ve tried quite a few varieties over the years, but I am loving Simple Truth baby wipes. I absolutely love how they smell, even though they are fragrance free and hypoallergenic – amazing, right?
I’m also a huge fan of how thick and strong these wipes are, and they’re textured for better cleaning. Plus Simple Truth baby wipes are made with plant-based materials, so they have a lower environmental impact. You can find Simple Truth products at your local Kroger.
27 Ingenious Uses for Baby Wipes
1. Quick clean-up after eating – Let’s face it, kids are messy! We always have a pack of baby wipes handy in the kitchen to wipes hands and mouths before we turn our toddler loose from her high-chair.
2. Clean muddy hands after outdoor play at the park – Toss a pack of baby wipes in the stroller or diaper bag on your next trip to the park, or even a walk around the neighborhood. Kids love to touch everything, and this way you can let them explore without worrying about them bringing dirt home.
3. Wipe down dirty playground equipment – Speaking of the playground, sometimes the slides and swings and jungle gyms are super grubby! A quick wipe will allow your kids to play without sliding through who-knows-what!
4. Clean dusty A/C vents in the home – This is one of my personal favorites! Keeping the A/C intake vent clean is a never-ending battle for me, and the vacuum hose just doesn’t cut it. However, baby wipes can fit between the thin cracks and get rid of all of that dust that nothing else can reach.
5. Wipe car dashboard and steering wheel – Have you ever cleaned your car steering wheel? You’d be surprised just how grimy it probably is! A baby wipe is perfect for the task…your hands will thank you!
6. Have on hand for messy crafts & activities – Crafts are inevitably messy, but so much fun! Keep a pack of wipes nearby for easy clean-up of any accidents. Paint, glue, etc. are much easier to wipe away before they dry.
7. Wipe down high-chair tray when baby is done eating – I always wipe down my daughter’s high chair tray right after she eats. That way when I clean the kitchen later, food isn’t stuck and I don’t have to scrub!
8. Make-up remover – I mess up my mascara ALL the time, but a baby wipe can get rid of any excess makeup so I don’t have to start all over. Since facial skin (especially around the eyes) is so sensitive, I make sure to use Simple Truth wipes because they’re hypoallergenic and have moisturizing ingredients like aloe and vitamin E.
9. Clean kids toys – Let’s be real, how often do you actually wash all of your kid’s toys? I’m right there with ya … who has time for that on a regular basis? But I do have time to do a quick wipe before I toss a toy back in the box at the end of the night when I tidy.
10. Removing excess nail-polish before it dries – When doing a home mani/pedi, a baby wipe can be a lifesaver when you accidentally paint on your skin!
11. Computer keyboard – Another item that is likely much dirtier than we realize, but can be difficult to clean. A baby wipe can get between the keys and trap dust! (Tip: leave a wipe out for about 10-15 minutes before you need it so it’s not wet enough to get liquid in the keys).
12. Fridge handle – Open, close, open, close, open, close … you get the idea. The fridge handle gets a lot of action, so I wipe it down almost every day!
13. Inside of microwave – Pop!! When you hear the sound of food exploding in the microwave, it doesn’t have to be a disaster. Clean right away with a baby wipe before food has time to harden on the surface.
14. Stain remover – One of my close friends swears by this! Keep baby wipes tucked in your purse or diaper bag to get rid of accidental food stains or drink spills before they have a chance to set.
15. Take to the gym – Sometimes you want to squeeze in a work-out, but you don’t have time for a full shower before your next errand or activity. Baby wipes are perfect to freshen up in a flash!
16. Window blinds – Forget the feather duster … baby wipes are the way to go!
17. Taming fly-away hair – When I heard about this trick it blew my mind! This is crucial for summer humidity!
18. Shopping cart – I love that many grocery stores have started placing a canister of disinfectant wipes at the door to wipe your shopping carts. However, some stores still don’t and sometimes the containers run out, so it’s always helpful to have your own wipes just in case.
19. Clean sweaty gym equipment – Have you been at the gym waiting for a machine to become available, and when it’s finally your turn there’s a big puddle of sweat?? Yuck!!
20. Sealing envelopes – Use a baby wipe to wet the glue on envelopes. This would be especially handy during Christmas card season or any time you have to send a bunch of thank you cards, invitations, etc.!
21. Pet hair – I grew up with a house full of pets, so I know how difficult it can be to keep their hair from getting everywhere! Use a baby wipe to remove excess hair from your pet, or to wipe furniture after they’ve sat there.
22. Chalkboard or marker board – Erase chalkboards without getting any chalk dust in the air! Also works to erase maker boards.
23. Dusting furniture – I love baby wipes for quick dusting because they trap the dust instead of just pushing it around.
24. Doorknobs – With two young kids, sometimes I’ll find sticky doorknobs around the house. Cue the baby wipes!
25. Clean CDs and DVDs – One of my toddler’s favorite activities is removing DVDs from their cases. She’s definitely not careful about getting fingerprints on them, but these little toddler prints can easily be removed with a gentle wipe.
26. Spot cleaning the floor – Sometimes it’s easier to whip out a baby wipe for a spill or mess then to get out a broom and mop and all that jazz.
27. Oh, yea … they also work like toilet paper … only better!
Do you have any must-try uses for baby wipes that aren’t on the list? Share them in the comments below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
Last updated on July 12th, 2016 at 11:49 am