Inside: Your guide to maximize savings during Amazon Prime Day 2019 plus score up to $65 FREE money with Amazon Prime credits!
For your convenience, we’ve included shop-able links to the products/services we love; disclosure policy here.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Every year since 2015, Amazon hosts a 48-hour worldwide savings event, with massive deals on literally hundreds of thousands of items. Maybe even millions – it’s hard to tell just how many markdowns there are!
Fun fact: Amazon Prime Day first took place on July 15, 2015, to mark the anniversary of the company by chief executive Jeff Bezos.1
It’s important to know that the deals are only available to Amazon Prime Members. However, if you are not a Prime member already, you can try Amazon Prime FREE for 30 days!
We’ve been Amazon Prime members pretty much since the beginning and it is well worth it! The savings and the free 2-day Prime shipping (on certain items) really add up! It’s one of our favorite ways to save money year round too!
When is Amazon Prime Day 2019?
Amazon Prime Day 2019 kicks off at precisely 12am PST on July 15 and lasts for 48 hours until the clock strikes 12am on July 17th.2
This is an awesome opportunity to snag that special item you’ve been eyeing when they are on the deepest discounts of the year.
Or if you’re good at planning ahead, you can get all your Christmas shopping done early and save a ton of money at the same time!
Image Source: What’s Up Fagan’s (used with permission)
Get Up to $65 FREE Money with Special Amazon Prime Day Credits!
As a Prime Member, there are some exciting ways to get FREE money to use during Amazon Prime Day!
That’s right, I said FREE money! Who doesn’t like the sound of that?!
Why would Amazon offer free money? Likely because they want you to shop on Prime Day! So why not take advantage of it?
Here’s how to score BIG with Amazon Prime Day Credits:
- Get $10 Off $50+ Purchase When You Sign Up For Amazon Assistant — Amazon Assistant helps you discover Amazon products and compare prices as you shop across the web. You can see the latest deals and offers and get notified when deals you’re watching are about to go live. Plus, you can get order updates and exclusive offers. Click here to sign up for Amazon Assistant!
- Get $10-$20 in Credits When You Download the Amazon App — The Amazon app makes finding the best Prime Day deals a breeze with custom searches. Plus you can get notifications straight to your phone, like today’s lightning deals or on items in your wishlist or watchlist. (Tip: After you download the Amazon app, click on “Today’s Deals” and start following your favorite items!)
- Get $10 to spend on Prime Day When You Spend $10 at Whole Foods — If you’re a Whole Foods shopper already, you’ll definitely want to take advantage of this deal! Simply scan your app or enter your phone number at checkout when you shop in-store at Whole Foods or on Prime Now. (Offer good between 7/03/19 and 7/16/19 on a single purchase of $10 or more at US locations). Click here to learn more!
- Get $15 Amazon Credits When You Backup Your Photos with Amazon Photo — As a Prime Member, you can securely store your photos with Amazon’s free storage and get a $15 credit when you do so! This is one you’ll want to get on right away because it can take up to 2 weeks to receive the email with credit (and the offer expires July 31, 2019). Click here to get started with Amazon Photo!
- Get $10 When You Reload your Amazon Gift Card — Reload $100 or more to your Amazon Gift Card Balance and receive and additional $10 to spend! If you know you’re going to spend over $100, you might as well grab a gift card first and get a little extra money to spend! (Note: The offer is good only for first time Amazon gift card users.) Click here to take advantage of this offer!
If you take advantage of all the above Prime Day offers, that adds up to $65 in free money for you!
Be Sure to Enter Prime Day Daily Giveaways for a Chance to WIN Big!
You could get lucky with Prime Day Daily Giveaways! The best part is that there is no purchase necessary and and you can just be a regular Amazon member for to enter.
Here are some of the items that caught my eye:
- Apple MacBook Air
- Asus Chromebook
- Ragu Video Projector (save an additional 30% off for entering)
- $200 Lowe’s Gift Card
- Adjustable Workbench (save an additional 10% off for entering)
- Pinsoon Air Fryer (save an additional 15% for entering)
- $200 JCPenney Gift Card
- iRobot Braava 380t Advanced Robot Mop
- Coredy Robot Vacuum Cleaner (save an additional 35% for entering)
- GiNT Portable Cooler with Handle 30 qt (save an additional 40% for entering)
Note: Giveaway entry requirements will vary by product. For example, to enter some of the giveaways you may need to complete a task like watching 15 seconds of a video. However, many don’t require you to do anything special to enter!
Get NEW Products First with Prime Day Launch Items
These are brand new items being released on Prime Day, exclusively for Prime Members. Click here to check out what’s available!
Here are just a few of the things that I saw:
- Petcube Bites 2: Smart Pet Camera with Treat Dispenser — Check in on your pet remotely and get alerts when they’re active. You can even keep them entertained with a remote dispenser that sends treats flying for your pet to retrieve!
- iOttie Easy One Touch Connect with Alexa Built in for iOS + Android Universal Car Mount — Hands free phone mount for your car with built-in Alexa capability. There was even a 10% off coupon when I checked this one!
- Lodge 4-Piece Cast Iron Cookware Set — A must have for any kitchen! My husband swears by his cast iron skillet!
- RESPAWN Racing Style Gaming Chair — We got one just like this for my husband for Father’s Day!
- Chefman 3.4 Liter Air Fryer — If you have been wanting to try the Air Fryer, there’s no better time then when it’s on BIG markdown!
- New Jojo Siwa Toys and Gear — This is one my girls would LOVE!!
Deals will vary and may change from day to day, so be sure to check back! Bookmark this page and I’ll add more deals as I find them!
How to Maximize Your Savings with Prime Day 2019
This is my first year really delving into Prime Day because I’ve always found it a bit overwhelming. There are SO MANY sales, how do you know where to start?
That is one of the main reasons I decided to make this Prime Day guide – for people like me who want to save money but are intimidated to sort through all the sales.
My top tips for navigating Prime Day deals:
- Plan ahead – If you have a plan you’re more likely to stay on track and find what you need.
- Use this as an opportunity to try Amazon subscriptions and services for a special low rate (see below!)
- If you’ve been eyeing a big purchase, grab it now while it’s on sale!
Score Awesome Introductory Deals on Amazon Subscriptions and Services
- Get a FREE Welcome Box and 15% Discount when you create an Amazon Baby Registry! — We got a welcome box last year (click here to see inside our box) and it was packed with goodies, both samples and full sized products! Click here to create your Amazon Baby Registry!
- Free Disney Kids’ Headphone with FreeTime Unlimited Subscription — FreeTime Unlimited gives your family access to thousands of kid-friendly TV shows, apps, games, books, and more. Plus, it gives YOU control over how long they can watch! Click here to get started with a 30-day free trial! After that, the 1-Year Family plan is $20 off, and the 3-Month family plan is only $2.99 (or 91% off)!! (New subscribers only).
- Subscribe to Amazon Music for Only 99 Cents for 4 months! — After that, it’s only $7.99/month for Prime Members. You can stream millions of songs commercial free on any device!
- Get Audible for only $4.95 a month for 3 months! — That’s a savings of $30!
- Get Kindle Unlimited Free for 3 Months! — Offers ends 7/31/2019 and is exclusive for Prime members. Renews at $9.99/month afterward.
- Save $10 on $40+ Orders with Amazon Pantry! — Save on household essentials and get them delivered right to your door! Plus you’ll find coupons and other deals! For Prime Day: Save $10 off orders of $40 or more with code PANTRY. Plus, save more when you buy more! For example: save $5 when you buy 5 items, save $10 when you buy 10 items, and so on! – discount applied at checkout.
- Prime Day Magazine Deal: Prices as low as $1.50 for 6 Months! — Browse a HUGE list of magazines for the whole family! It’s hard to find subscriptions at a better deal!
Our Favorite Amazon Prime Day Deals
- FLASH SALE – Amazon Fire Kids Edition Tablet — When I checked it was $120 off!!
- Ring Video Doorbell and Ring Video Floodlights — You can save between 15-30% (when I checked) if you buy certified refurbished on Prime Day! We are moving this summer so I might just scoop this deal up myself! (We buy a lot of our big-ticket items refurbished to save money and have never had any issues)
- Panasonic Noise Cancelling Headphones — Bluetooth, Siri, and Google Assistant compatible! They were $50 off when I looked!
- Amazon Fire Stick with Alexa Voice Remote — Includes $45 Sling TV credit!
- KitchenAid 5qt Artisan Stand Mixer — This one is almost half off!!
- BOSE Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker — We have this and LOVE it!! Such big sound for a little speaker!
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation — A best seller…grab it now for big savings!!
- 1500 Thread Count Egyptian Cotton Sheets — Snag an extra 5% coupon too!
- Stuff ‘N Sit Fillable Beanbag — We have one and LOVE it!! This is where we keep all of our girls’ extra stuffed animals and it makes a fun reading spot.
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back on July 15th and 16th because we’ll be adding our top deals right here!
You Might Also Like
Last updated on December 2nd, 2019 at 01:01 pm