Creamy brie and juicy cranberries baked together in buttery pastry shells — these Cranberry Brie Bites are a beautiful, festive appetizer for Thanksgiving and the holidays!
Cranberry Brie Bites
These Cranberry Brie Bites are an amazing light appetizer that’s packed with flavor! A unique and easy starter for any fall or winter holiday party with only four simple ingredients, ready in under 20 minutes!
This is a bite-sized version of a classic holiday appetizer featuring cranberries, brie, and puff pastry. It’s perfect for any of the November and December holidays ahead, from Thanksgiving to Christmas!
The tart cranberry sauce pairs perfectly with the buttery, melted brie. And it’s all enclosed in a tasty pasty shell that keeps things mess-free!
If there ever was such a thing as a perfect holiday appetizer, this one would definitely be in the running! A few simple ingredients, 15 minutes total time, and they’re unbelievably delicious…what’s not to love?
For your convenience I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- 7 oz Cranberry Sauce (whole berries) — This would be about half of a typical can.
- Mini Phyllo Pastry Shells — We used a 15-count package.
- 4 oz Brie — half of a typical wheel
- Fresh Rosemary — cut into small sprigs, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in length
Helpful Kitchen Tools
To Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice the Brie into 1/2-inch pieces and place each piece into a phyllo shell.
- Top with a 1/2 teaspoon of cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the Brie has melted and the edges of the pastry shells just start to turn golden brown.
- Garnish with sprigs of rosemary.
Best enjoyed warm. Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
To reheat, avoid using the microwave if possible. Place the bites in a muffin pan in the oven and set to preheat. By the time the oven reaches temperature, the bites should be warmed throughout and ready to enjoy again.
- We used store-bought cranberry dressing to save time, but you could absolutely use your favorite homemade cranberry sauce recipe instead.
- You can easily change up this recipe, or make different flavors for your guests, by using different type of jams. Strawberry or raspberry jam would both taste fantastic, as would orange marmalade. Pepper jelly is also a fun flavor, as the creamy brie pairs beautifully with the spice of the peppers.
- You can bake these in a regular muffin tin or even on a regular baking sheet, though a mini muffin pan is super handy for making sure that the bite sized pieces don’t slide around while baking and moving them in and out of the oven.
- We made our recipe nut-free, but adding chopped nuts after baking adds a nice crunch! Pistachios, walnuts, or pecans would all work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Eat The Rind Of Brie?
Yes, the outer rind of the brie cheese is not only functional, it is edible too! The rind serves to keep the soft inner cheese protected and in a compact shape. However, this rind is also completely edible and adds a nice earthy flavor that contrasts with the buttery brie inside.
I recommend slicing the wheel of brie with the rind ON. The rind adds flavor, as I mentioned above, but it will also keep the cheese from spreading out too much while baking.
Where Are Phyllo Shells In The Grocery Store?
Phyllo shells or cups like the ones shown here are generally found in the freezer section at the store, for long-term storage. Once you bring them home, you can keep them in the refrigerator for up to a month, so they are ready to use when needed.
Can You Make Brie Bites Ahead Of Time?
Sure! While this is a quick and easy recipe already, it is also one that you can prep ahead and simply bake when you’re ready to serve. To do so, layer the cubes of brie and a spoonful of cranberry sauce in the phyllo cups, cover and keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
More Easy Holiday Appetizers To Try:
- Thanksgiving Turkey Veggie Tray
- Roasted Beet Hummus
- Baked Caprese Dip
- Dr. Pepper Instant Pot Meatballs
Grab a Free Printable Copy of Our Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
If you love this recipe too, please rate it!
Cranberry Brie Bites
- Muffin tin
- 7 oz Cranberry Sauce (Whole berries) half a typical can
- 15 Mini Phyllo Pastry Shells
- 4 oz Brie half a typical Wheel
- Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and mist a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Cut the Brie into 1/2-inch cubes and place each piece into a phyllo shell.
- Top with a 1/2 teaspoon of cranberries and bake for 5 minutes, until the brie melts.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
Be sure to pin this Cranberry Brie Bites on Pinterest:
You might also like:
5 Christmas Charcuterie Board Ideas
- Bunny Bait - March 22, 2023
- 20 Thrifty Kitchen Hacks - March 21, 2023
- Easter Fudge - March 20, 2023
Leave a Reply