Learn how to make two super cute and easy bald eagle craft ideas for kids: pom pom bald eagles and a patriotic eagle garland. All you need are simple craft supplies! Keep reading for easy video tutorials and photo step by step directions!
Bald Eagle Craft Ideas for Kids
The 4th of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays — I love making red, white, and blue recipes, crafts, party decor, you name it!
I am absolutely enamored with these cute-as-pie fluffy pom-pom bald eagles! This is such an easy activity to do with the kids over summer break and get ready to celebrate the USA!
You can even take it one step further and use these pom pom eagles to make a fun and festive 4th of July Garland! Let’s get started!
What You Need to Make our Bald Eagle Craft
Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this craft; disclosure policy available here.
- Craft foam sheets (brown, yellow & orange)
- Large brown pom-poms
- Large white pom-poms (slightly smaller than the brown pom poms if possible)
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Google eyes
How to Make Pom Pom Eagles
First, watch our quick video demo to see how we made our pom pom bald eagles, then keep reading for step-by-step photo directions.
Click video to play:
Begin by folding the orange craft foam sheet in half. Cut out feet for your eagle on the bend. They don’t have to be perfect, but you are welcome to use the photo below as a guideline.
Using the hot glue gun, glue the large brown pom pom onto your orange foam feet.
Note: Assist your kids with hot glue steps, and be sure to let them know that glue can sometimes seep through the pom-poms.
Glue the white pom pom onto the top of your brown pom pom.
Cut a small triangle from your yellow craft foam and glue to the center of the white pom pom. This will be the beak.
Glue two google eyes above the yellow triangle beak.
Cut two eagle wings from brown craft foam. Glue wings onto both sides of your brown pom pom. Your eagle is finished!
Tip: This craft is perfect to do with a group, since one sheet of each color craft foam can make a lot of eagles.
Pin our pom pom eagles on Pinterest:
Pom Pom Bald Eagle Craft
- 1 inch white pom poms
- 2 inch brown pom poms
- orange craft felt
- google eyes
- craft glue
- brown craft foam
- yellow craft foam
- Begin by folding the orange craft foam sheet in half. Cut out feet for your eagle on the bend. They don't have to be perfect, but you are welcome to use the photo below as a guideline.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the large brown pom pom onto your orange foam feet.
- Glue the white pom pom onto the top of your brown pom pom.
- Cut a small triangle from your yellow craft foam and glue to the center of the white pom pom. This will be the beak.
- Glue two google eyes above the yellow triangle beak.
Now Let’s Make a 4th of July Garland!
Watch this quick video demo to see how it’s made:
What You Need:
- Pom Pom Bald Eagles that you made above
- Natural colored jute ribbon
- Glitter foam patriotic star stickers
To make our patriotic garland, we glued the backs of our eagles’ wings to a thick piece of rope. (A glue gun would probably work best for this).
We left about 6 inches of space between each eagle. In this space we attached two glittery star stickers on either side of the rope, so that they stuck to each other around the rope. Feel free to use flag stickers or any other fun sticker you find!
That’s it! Super easy!