Inside: Does an item finder really work as promised? Sponsored by Pixie.
I could have sworn I left them right here!
I think I say this at least once a day when I’m looking for my car keys!
Or the TV remote…
Or my wallet…
My lip gloss…
You get the picture!
According to a recent poll, the average person misplaces almost TEN things every single day! (Source)
Imagine how much time we spend looking for those missing items? (Survey says: 2.5 days per person a year! Wow!)
Who has time to waste time looking for car keys when you’re already running late?? (I know I’m not the only one!)
Does an Item Finder Really Work?
I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve wished I had a magic tool to locate missing things — so imagine how excited I was when Pixie asked if I wanted to try out their item finder! Yes, please!!
Here’s the quick breakdown:
- Setup: Super easy. It took me about 5 minutes to unpack the box, install the app, and start using the Pixie item finder. The app is really straightforward and includes video tutorials, so I had no trouble figuring out how to use Pixie.
- Does it work? Yep! Every time I tested out my new Pixie item finder, I was able to locate my keys in about 2 minutes flat. And honestly, most of that time was spent walking. My kids hid the keys for our experiment, so of course they went to the complete opposite end of there house! Pixie already knows where the item is, you just have to get there.
How Pixie is Different from Other Item Locators
I remember as a kid, our cable box had a button that you could push to locate your remote. When you pushed the button, the remote (wherever it was) beeped and beeped until you found it.
Problem is, if the remote was in another room or buried in the couch cushions, it was hard to hear the beep! You had to wander around the house craning your ear for that elusive beeping remote.
A lot of item trackers work the same way.
Pixie, however, shows you exactly where your item is. No wild goose chase listening for a beep!
How the Pixie Item Finder Works:
Simply attach one Pixie Point to your iPhone or iPad, and another Pixie point to an item that you frequently misplace. Once the Pixie points are paired, you can use your iPhone to track your linked objects.
Pixie is a 2-in-1 item finder that utilizes both audio and visual locating technology to point you right to your misplaced object.
- Visual — The Augmented Reality view shows where your lost item is. Take a panoramic photo of the room with the Pixie app, then “pixie dust” appears in the area your missing item is hiding. Directional arrows and distance point you in the right direction.
- Audio — When you get within a few feet of your item, Pixie switches to “metal detector” mode, beeping so you can’t miss it! (Your phone beeps faster as you get closer to the item).
My fav features:
If you happen to be out of range of your missing item, Pixie tells you where your item was last seen. This gives you a starting point to begin your search and reduces the time spent looking.
Even though I generally use my phone with Pixie to locate items, if you lose your phone, you can find it too! Simply login to your Pixie account on another device and ping the Pixie point attached to your iPhone — works even if your phone is dead!
How to Setup Your Pixie Item Locator:
- Purchase your Pixie kit at GetPixie.com or on Amazon. Each Pixie kit comes with at least 2 Pixie “Points,” which look like the points on a navigation map, adhesive, and a keychain adaptor so you can easily keep track of your car keys. An iPhone case with a slot for your Pixie is also available.
- Attach one Pixie Point to your phone, and the other(s) to items that you misplace frequently.
- Download the free Pixie app for your iPhone or iPad* and pair your Pixie Points. (The app walks you through the simple steps — it only takes about a minute).
*Coming soon for Android!
- Range: Bluetooth range up to 150′ outdoor and 30-50′ indoor
- Accuracy: within inches
- Battery lifetime: 12+ months, no charging needed
- Compatibility: iPhone 5s or later and iPad 4 or later
- Waterproof: up to 3 ft. to IP67 standard
- Dimensions: 1.4” wide x 1.8” tall x 0.13” thick
- 1 Year Warranty
Where to Purchase the Pixie Item Locator:
Great Gift Idea!
With the holidays coming up, Pixie is an awesome gift idea for those hard-to-buy-for friends and family because anyone can use it!
- Parents of small kids (toddler are always hiding things!)
- Pet owners (if you have cats especially, you know they are also notorious for snatching shiny objects!)
- Anyone! (remember the stat I posted above? We all misplace almost a dozen things every day!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Pixie. We were provided compensation and a Pixie item finder for review; however, all opinions are of The Soccer Mom Blog.
More of our favorite “mom hacks”
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Last updated on September 7th, 2017 at 03:49 pm
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram