We’re spending a lot of time in the bathroom these days…it’s potty training time!
My original potty training plan was to put a potty training seat over our regular toilet. That way the mess went right into the big toilet and all we had to do is flush.
While this worked well for our oldest, our current potty trainer was a little nervous about “falling in” to the big potty. Every child learns differently, so we adjusted our plan accordingly and bought a smaller training potty.
However, using a separate training potty means there is a bit more cleaning involved. I found a way to simply the process and make clean-up a breeze! (Plus it’s a great way to use all those plastic shopping bags we accumulate every week)!
My easy potty training cleaning hack:
The setup is simple:
- Remove seat from training potty.
- Place plastic shopping bag into bowl (I always check to make sure there are no holes in the bag).
- Replace seat over the edges of the shopping bag to hold it in place.
- Place folded squares of Cottonelle® toilet paper in the bottom of the bag to soak up any liquids. (Cottonelle® is extra thick and absorbent, so it’s perfect for the task!)
After your little one uses the potty, all you need to do is remove the seat, pull out the bag, tie bag closed and dispose.
I then wipe down the seat and replace the used plastic bag with a clean one.
We love Cottonelle® toilet paper for potty training because each Mega Roll is the equivalent of 4 regular rolls. I love that we change the roll less often, so the trash can isn’t always full of cardboard tubes. It’s less waste and less hassle!
Now is the perfect time to try Cottonelle® Mega Roll — CLICK HERE to snag a 75¢ coupon!
Cottonelle® teamed up with lifetysle expert Brit Morin from Brit + Co to share more potty training success tips. Check them out below:
I was selected for this opportunity and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Salt Shaker Snow Globe Ornaments - December 7, 2019
- Honey Nut Cheerio Balls – Easy Cheerio Peanut Butter Balls - December 6, 2019
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles - December 5, 2019
Last updated on February 9th, 2019 at 06:17 pm