Move over mimosas! This Rosemary Orange Vodka Spritzer might just be my new favorite brunch beverage. And girls night cocktail. And holiday party drink…
Light, refreshing, effervescent, and made with only 3 ingredients — what’s not to love?
Classic citrus and herbaceous flavors pair well with just about anything. You’ll definitely want to add this crowd-pleasing cocktail recipe to your repertoire!
(It’s been featured on Buzzfeed!)
Simple syrup is an essential component to any home bar, but fancy store-bought concoctions can be pricey. The good news is that it’s surprisingly easy to make gourmet, infused simple syrups at home!
The inspiration for my Rosemary Orange Vodka Spritzer is this decadent Chocolate Orange Cake. While making the candied oranges that garnish the cake, I ended up with a gorgeous orange-infused simple syrup. It was so amazing that I experimented with adding a bit of rosemary…and vodka!
Note: A spritzer is a chilled cocktail, usually made with white wine and mineral water. However, this fizzy cocktail uses vodka in place of the wine to achieve it’s refreshing taste.
— Jennifer @ Sugar, Spice & Glitter
First, make your Rosemary Orange Simple Syrup
- 2 Rosemary sprigs, plus more for garnish
- 2 Oranges, peels reserved for garnish
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
Place the sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, and then add in the rosemary and oranges.
Heat for 20 minutes, until rosemary loses it’s colour and the syrup take on a slightly orange hue.
Decant the orange-rosemary simple syrup into a mason jar and allow to cool before using in cocktails.
Tip: This 3″ mini strainer is an invaluable kitchen tool!
Rosemary Orange Vodka Spritzer:
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary Orange Simple Syrup, or to taste
- 2 oz club soda
- 2 oz vodka
- Stainless steel 2-piece cocktail shaker (This is the style I learned to bartend with and still prefer)
- Cocktail strainer
- Martini Glasses (I love the stemless kind because I’m WAY less likely to spill or break them…both of which I am notorious for doing!)
Place simple syrup and vodka in a cocktail shaker (these make a great gift idea!) filled with ice and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Strain ice and pour into a martini glass. Top with club soda and garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and curled orange peel.
You might also like: Tropical Rum Punch with Fruit “Ice”
Pin this Rosemary Orange Vodka Spritzer on Pinterest:
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Salt Shaker Snow Globe Ornaments - December 7, 2019
- Honey Nut Cheerio Balls – Easy Cheerio Peanut Butter Balls - December 6, 2019
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles - December 5, 2019
Last updated on July 23rd, 2019 at 07:15 pm