The big day is over…now what to do with all that leftover turkey?!
If you’re like us, your fridge is always packed to the gills after a holiday dinner. A leftover turkey sandwich is one option, but when I’m still recovering from the previous night’s dinner, I don’t want another big bread-filled meal.
But I definitely am NOT about to waste all that delicious food!
What to do…what to do…
Lucky for me, I live with a creative genius when it comes to food!
My husband is famous for his tacos (check out his taco-centric Instagram here), so this year he whipped up a fantastic alternative to the usual leftover turkey meal.
These Turkey Dinner Tacos are super easy to make and are lighter than a big old sandwich. (Our tacos are actually gluten free and yours can be too depending on what you’re working with).
Here’s what’s inside our Leftover Turkey Dinner Tacos
We layered the following ingredients in this order on corn tortillas. All of the ingredients can be microwaved for a incredibly quick meal, or try some of our cooking tips below for extra pizazz.
- Turkey Breast (Tip: For extra flavor, sauté for a few minutes with Mirin — sweet Japanese cooking wine & my husband’s secret weapon — to re-heat turkey and give it a gorgeous, sweet caramel coating)
- Stuffing (We had cornbread stuffing, which is gluten free)
- Cranberry Relish (Real cranberries + Grapefruit + Sugar + a bit of salt), but the canned cranberry sauce would be delicious too!
We sprinkled each finished taco with a bit of shredded parsley for garnish — just look at the layers of colors! It’s a meal that looks as amazing as it tastes!
See what else is cooking in the Soccer Mom Blog Kitchen! Follow us on Pinterest:
Follow Stacey @ The Soccer Mom Blog’s board RECIPES on the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest.
You might also like: 6 Ways to Avoid Holiday Weight Gain
Pin these easy and tasty Leftover Turkey Dinner Tacos on Pinterest:
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cake - January 26, 2020
- Pink Strawberry Champagne Cookies - January 24, 2020
- I Didn’t Lose Myself when I Became a Mom – I Found My Purpose - January 23, 2020
Last updated on July 30th, 2019 at 04:12 pm