Soft, buttery crescent dough filled with sweet cinnamon apples, these Instant Pot Apple Dumplings are a decadent fall dessert. Plus, they are quick and easy to make in only 30 minutes!
Instant Pot Apple Dumplings
You may have heard it said before that you can make literally anything in an instant pot… and I’m here to tell you that is 100% true!
Just look at these ooey-gooey apple dumplings and try to tell me you’ve ever seen something so delicious and unexpected! This truly is one of those recipes you need to try to believe, but be warned: once you make these you’ll have a hard time not making them over and over again!
What is an Apple Dumpling?
An apple dumpling is an apple-filled pastry. It’s simple, usually not much more than apples cooked in spices and wrapped in dough.
However, the simplicity is what makes this recipe so fantastic! Without a bunch of ingredients crowding the pot, the fresh apple flavor shines through! And we’re talking real apples…not that syrupy apple pie filling stuff.
It is the perfect fall recipe to enjoy all those fresh picked apples!
Keep reading to learn how to make these delicious apple dumplings with crescent rolls!
Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings Ingredients
For your convenience I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 1 large apple — cored, peeled, and cut into 8 wedges, or 2 small apples cored, peeled, and cut into 16 wedges)
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Apple cider
TIP: Try it with our homemade apple pie spice mix too!
Handy Kitchen Tools
What are the Best Type of Apples to Use?
In many baked apple recipes, it is often recommended to use Granny Smith apples because the tartness balances out the sweetness of the sugar.
However, you really can use any type of apple you like! Just keep in mind that sweeter apples may make for a slightly sweeter dessert. Feel free to cut back a tad on the sugar if you use another apple variety.
My favorite apples are Gala and Fuji, and I like sweet desserts, so I don’t adjust the sugar. It’s all a matter of preference and it all tastes yummy!
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Dumplings
Turn your instant pot on sauté mode.
Separate the crescent roll dough into the pre-cut triangles and lay flat on your workspace. Place one large apple slice (or two small slices) at the tall end of the triangle. Roll the apple inwards, so that the dough wraps around it. Repeat with all of the dumplings.
Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg to Instant Pot and stir to mix until combined and butter is melted.
Place each dumpling in the instant pot, so that they are surrounded by the butter and sugar mixture.
Pour the apple cider into the pot, a little bit at a time, down the sides of the pot. Try to evenly distribute, but do not pour directly on top of the dumplings.
Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Close the ceiling valve by making sure it’s pushed away from you.
Once your instant pot has finished and the timer is done, allow it to naturally release and wait until the pin has dropped.
When cool enough to serve, plate dumplings with ice cream, caramel sauce, and/or whipped cream. Enjoy!
More of our favorite Instant Pot Desserts:
- Instant Pot Red White and Blue Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Mango Coconut Bundt Cake
- Angel Food Cake made in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Godiva Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Apple Cake
Printable Instant Pot Apple Dumplings Recipe
If you love this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Easy Instant Pot Apple Dumplings
- Instant Pot
- 1 can crescent rolls 8 oz (Pillsbury or generic)
- 1 apple cored, peeled, and cut into 8 wedges
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté mode.
- Unroll and separate crescent dough into pre-cut triangles. Place one apple slice (or two small slices) on top of the tall end of the triangle and roll up until apple slice is wrapped in dough.
- Add butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg to Instant Pot. Mix until butter is melted and everything is combined.
- Place each dumpling in the pot, pushing down gently so it is surrounded by sauce.
- Pour cider down the sides of the pot, evenly distributing. Do not pour directly on top of dumplings.
- Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Close the ceiling valve by making sure it’s pushed away from you. Natural release, allow pin to drop.
Be sure to pin our Crescent Roll Apple Dumplings on Pinterest:
You might also like:
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip - May 26, 2023
- Copycat Reese’s White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups - May 25, 2023
- 4th of July Margaritas - May 24, 2023
Leave a Reply