Fluffy vanilla pound cake topped with a sweet mango coconut glaze – this Instant Pot Mango Coconut Bundt Cake is a delicious tropical treat!
Instant Pot Mango Cake
I’ve always loved pound cake, and this mango coconut cake is a unique twist on a classic vanilla bundt cake recipe!
The glaze is what really makes this cake special — it soaks into the freshly baked cake so every bite is just bursting with tropical mango and coconut flavor!
There won’t be a single dry bit in this bundt cake!! It’s super moist and incredibly flavorful, thanks to the amazing fruit glaze and the technique of baking cake in an Instant Pot!
If you’re looking for a summery treat to make for a special occasion or backyard barbecue that no one has tried yet, this is the cake for you! It’s absolutely delicious and easy to make too!
What You Need to Make Mango Coconut Cake
For your convenience in re-creating this recipe I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used; our disclosure policy is available here.
- All-purpose flour
- Water — For the instant pot.
- Butter — You can use either salted or unsalted, whichever you have on hand. Be sure to soften the butter first for easier mixing.
- Sugar — White granulated sugar
- Buttermilk — Adds a subtle tang to our cake that perfectly balances out the sweetness of the mango.
- Eggs — If possible, whip them up first before mixing into the batter.
- Vanilla extract — We prefer pure vanilla extract to imitation vanilla flavoring, but you could use it in a pinch.
- Baking powder — Not to be confused with baking soda!
Mango Glaze ingredients
- Chopped Mango — Puree it until smooth before mixing into the glaze
- Powdered sugar
- Coconut Milk
Kitchen Tools Used
Tips for Baking a Cake in an Instant Pot
- Cover your bundt pan tightly with foil before baking to prevent condensation on top of cake. When left unwrapped, steam can cause the cake to get a bit soggy.
- Be sure to allow the cake to cool in the pan for a bit before flipping onto a cooling rack. Give the pan a good wiggle to loosen it up first before flipping. You’ll feel when the cake releases from the sides of the pan and is ready to flip.
What Pan Should I Use to Bake a Bundt Cake in the Instant Pot?
Instant Pot sells an official Instant Pot Bundt Pan, so that makes it super easy to ensure you have the right tools for the job!
However, you should be able to use any 7″ fluted cake pan — most of them will note that they can be used in the Instant Pot if that is the case.
Can I Add Fruit to the Cake Itself?
We’ve tried it both ways: adding fruit to the cake before baking and just adding fruit to the glaze.
The reason we don’t add fruit to the cake is that even when it is pureed, the fruit is denser than the cake batter, and sinks to the bottom of the pan while baking. It still tastes delicious, but when the bottom of the pan (top of the cake) is mostly fruit, it tends to fall apart when removing it from the pan.
By adding the fruit to the glaze and topping the cake while it is still slightly warm, the glaze soaks into the cake. That way the cake is already perfect and keeps it shape, and the fruit flavor still gets infused inside!
How to Make Instant Pot Mango Coconut Cake
A full copy of the recipe ingredients and instructions are available in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Whisk together flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together softened butter and sugar, then add remaining ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring as you pour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Add water to Instant Pot, place trivet in pot, place pan on trivet.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes, then natural release.
- Remove cake and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before flipping cake onto a wire rack.
- While cake cools, mix together glaze ingredients.
- Pour glaze over top of cake (when it’s out of the pan) and allow to soak in.
More of our favorite Instant Pot dessert recipes:
Grab a free printable copy of this Instant Pot Mango Bundt Cake recipe here:
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below!
Instant Pot Mango Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
- 6-inch bundt cake pan
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Mango Glaze ingredients
- 1/2 cup chopped mango pureed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons coconut milk
For the Cake
- Combine flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix softened butter and sugar, then add the whisked egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour bowl of dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients, while stirring constantly.
- Add milk and continue stirring.
- Coat the inside of bundt pan with non-stick baking spray and pour cake batter into pan.
- Pour water into the Instant Pot and set trivet in place.
- Cover the bundt pan with foil and place it on the trivet.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once done cooking, allow for a natural steam release.
- Let the cake cool, then remove it from the bundt pan and transfer onto a wire rack.
For the Mango Glaze:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients until combined. The mixture should be smooth in texture and thick.
- If the glaze is still lumpy, mix in another Tablespoon of milk. If the glaze is overly runny, mix in another 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Slowly pour the glaze evenly over the bundt cake and allow it to set for 30 minutes.
Pin our Easy Mango Cake on Pinterest:
You might also like:
- When You’re Sleep Deprived Mama, Remember This - January 14, 2021
- How to Start Making Money Blogging (Even as a Beginner) - January 13, 2021
- Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust - January 9, 2021