This set-it-and-forget-it Instant Pot Apple Cake is not only super easy, but super delicious! Four layers of moist cake and juicy apples in every bite!
Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cake
It’s still warm here in Texas, but with a new school year starting in the next week or so, I’m already feeling the itch for Fall recipes! (I’d love it if the weather would follow suit!)
Apples are one of my favorite fruits year-round, but something about that combination of warm apples and cinnamon just screams Fall. So I just can’t wait for cooler weather to try out some of our new Fall themed recipes.
This Instant Pot Apple Cake is super easy to make (who doesn’t love recipes that you can just set and forget?) Plus this cake is super moist since all the moisture is locked in while it “bakes.”
I could eat this Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Cake for breakfast, snack, dessert – ok I could pretty much eat it any time. It’s crazy good stuff!!
And when you enjoy this Instant Pot Apple Cake with a PSL (try our healthy homemade pumpkin spice latte here!) you’ve got the ultimate Fall pairing!
Hope you love it too!
Kitchen Supply List
For your convenience in re-creating this Instant Pot Apple Cake recipe, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used. Read our full disclosure policy here.
How to Make Instant Pot Apple Cake
Keep reading for step-by-step photo instructions or scroll to bottom of post for printable copy of this recipe PLUS recipe video!
Combine diced apples, cinnamon, and 2 tbsp sugar in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
TIP: We used Granny Smith Apples (my husband’s favorite), but you can use any variety of apple that you have on hand.
Sift together dry ingredients in one mixing bowl and combine wet ingredients in another bowl. Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
Coat your springform pan with non-stick baking spray.
Pour half the batter into the springform pan, then cover with half of the diced apples. Repeat with the rest of the batter and diced apples so that you have 4 layers. Here’s a look at the layering process:
Cover the springform pan with foil like so:
Add 1 cup of water into the insert of the IP and place the trivet inside. Set the springform onto the trivet and close the lid.
Select manual (high) and set the time for 60 minutes. Allow natural pressure release before removing lid.
Allow the cake to cool completely (out of the Instant Pot) before removing the springform.
Finish with a dusting a powdered sugar and cinnamon. Yum!
PS- Be sure to check out how we used the Instant Pot to make Pumpkin Apple Butter too!
More of our favorite Instant Pot desserts:
Grab a free printable copy of our Instant Pot Apple Cake Recipe:
Instant Pot Apple Cake (Recipe Video)
- 3 cups Granny Smith Apples diced (about 4 apples)
- 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar + 2 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoon pulp free orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Combine diced apples, cinnamon, and 2 tbsp sugar in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In separate mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and eggs until well combined. Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Coat your springform pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Pour half the batter into the springform pan, then cover with half of the diced apples. Repeat with the rest of the batter and diced apples so that you have 4 layers.
- Cover the springform pan with foil.
- Add 1 cup of water into the insert of the IP and place the trivet inside. Set the springform onto the trivet and close the lid.
- Select manual (high) and set the time for 60 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, allow to natural pressure release before removing the lid.
- Carefully take out the trivet and remove the foil from the springform pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before removing the springform.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon and enjoy!
Be sure to pin this Instant Pot Apple Cake on Pinterest: