Starbucks’ Mango Dragonfruit Refresher is known for its sweet tropical flavor, subtle energy boost, and gorgeous pink color. You can make it at home with just 4 ingredients!
Mango Dragonfruit Refresher (Easy Starbucks Copycat)
When we hit the Starbucks drive-through, my husband’s drink of choice is a Starbucks refresher. And even though I am a coffee lover myself, I can’t deny that these bright and fruity drinks earn their name…they are SO refreshing on a hot summer day! Plus, they give you a little boost of energy!
Sweet mango, tart lemonade, and fragrant dragon fruit combine to create a delicious swirl of tropical fruit flavors. And the bright pink color truly makes this an Instagram-worthy drink!
Now, I love the occasional Starbucks visit, but I am also a fan of re-creating recipes at home to save money and time (the nearest Starbucks is over 30 minutes away from us!)
Would you believe that all of the ingredients to make this exotic pink drink are likely available at the grocery store? Even the dragon fruit powder!
Now you can re-create one of Starbucks’ most popular menu items in your own kitchen, anytime, in just a couple minutes!
Related: Try our Copycat Starbucks Strawberry Acai Refresher Recipe too!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to resources used to make this recipe. Disclosure policy available here.
- Lemonade — You can use regular or sugar free, depending on your preference.
- Mango Juice or Mango Puree — If using puree, you may want to strain out any potential pulp.
- Freeze-Dried Dragon Fruit Pieces — You can alternatively use dragon fruit powder. Keep in mind that if using powder alone you wont have the little pieces of fruit that are usually in a Starbucks refresher.
- Green Coffee Bean Powder (optional) — Green coffee powder is made from raw coffee beans (berries) and may also be called green coffee bean extract. This is where the caffeine comes from in a Starbucks refresher.
If making a Dragon Drink You’ll Also Need:
- Coconut Milk — I recommend using coconut milk that is specifically made for beverages, rather than the coconut milk in a can.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Add ingredients to a shaker cup or blender bottle. Shake for a few seconds to combine.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with extra dragonfruit chips.
- If you can’t find dried dragonfruit at local grocery stores, you can instead buy frozen dragonfruit and puree to make a dragonfruit juice. You will need approximately 1/4 cup after straining.
- A blender bottle or shaker cup is helpful for mess-free mixing, but not necessary. You can also use a regular blender or stir in a pitcher, then pour into glasses.
Make it a Dragon Drink:
New for 2022, Starbucks recently added a new menu item and an easy way to make your refresher drinks taste creamy and decadent, without any guilt!
These coconut refreshers add creamy coconut milk to the drink — you can either shake with the drink, or pour on top after you’ve mixed up the original refresher recipe.
If desired, fill glasses only 3/4 of the way full and top with 1/4 cup coconut milk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is There Caffeine in the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher?
Yes, the Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher contains caffeine, due to the green coffee beans used. When prepared in-store, a venti sized refresher containers about 70-85mg of caffeine — slightly less than an 8 ounce cup of drip coffee. This makes it a good option if you enjoy a little pick-me-up, but not a strong caffeine buzz.
When you make it at home, you can adjust the amount of caffeine by adding more or less green coffee bean powder to your drink. In general, green coffee bean powder contains about 40mg of caffeine per 1/4 teaspoon. (Keep in mind that this can vary based on brand). If you want your drink to have a comparable amount of caffeine to the original Starbucks drink, try using 1/2 teaspoon of the green coffee powder.
Of course, you can also make this a caffeine-free drink by omitting the green coffee bean powder altogether. It won’t noticeably affect the flavor at all. Kids tend to love this drink, but caffeine is not something my kids need, so I definitely don’t add to their drinks!
Is the Mango Dragonfruit Drink Healthy?
Compared to some of the other menu items at Starbucks (I’m looking at you White Chocolate Mocha), the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher is a lighter option.
Dragonfruit is also thought to have some positive benefits, such as promoting heart health and boosting immunity. It contains nutrients such as vitamins A & C, minerals including calcium, and antioxidants. Some consider it a superfood!
To make this beverage with less sugar, try using light or sugar-free lemonade. This will cut the sugar content by about 75%.
What Does Dragon Fruit Taste Like?
Dragon fruit (or Pitaya) is probably known more for its color than its taste. This vibrant fruit has a bright pinkish/purple skin and a white flesh that is speckled with tiny black seeds.
Because of its bright color, one might think that the dragon fruit would have a bold flavor to match, however its taste is quite subtle. It is sometimes described as a blend of kiwi, pear, and even watermelon. Dragon fruit blends well with other fruits, which is why it pairs perfectly with mango and lemonade in this drink.
More of our Favorite Starbucks Copycat Recipes
- Copycat Starbucks Skinny Mocha
- Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte (Easy Copycat Recipe)
- Gluten Free Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf
- Cranberry Bliss Bread
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Copycat Starbucks Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
Grab a Printable Copy of Our Mango Dragonfruit Refresher Recipe:
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please rate it! We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Copycat Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher
- 1 Blender Bottle or Shaker
- 2 cups Lemonade
- 1/4 cup Mango Juice
- 1/4 cup Dried Dragonfruit
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Coffee Bean Powder optional (contains caffeine)
- Add ingredients to a blender bottle and shake just enough to combine.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice.
- Top with a few extra dragonfruit pieces.
Make it a Dragon Drink:
- To make this into what is known as a "Dragon Drink," fill your cup about 3/4 way full with the refresher mixture, then top with coconut milk.
Pin our Mango Dragon Fruit Lemonade recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: