Hands-down the BEST Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread! It’s even better than the famous Starbuck pumpkin loaf (and better for you!)
The BEST Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Who doesn’t love that glorious Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf? Just like the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte, pumpkin pound cake is one of those special treats that I look forward to every Fall.
However, it really is one of those special occasion treats, just like any other dessert made with wheat. No matter how much I love it, there’s no getting around the bloat that comes with it.
That’s why I was ecstatic when my husband created a gluten free version. And you know what? It’s freakin’ awesome!! So awesome I’ve dubbed it the “Better than Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf.”
Out-of-this-world delicious, impossibly moist and decadent, AND you can eat it anytime without feeling crappy afterwards! Yep, I’d say it’s definitely earned it’s name!
A free printable copy of this Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread recipe is available at the bottom of the post, as well as a recipe demo video!
“Better than Starbucks” Pumpkin Loaf
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the supplies used to make our gluten free pumpkin pound cake; disclosure policy available here.
A note about the ingredients:
My husband has played around with just about every type of gluten free baking flour, from almond flour to sweet potato starch. However, for this recipe, he used a combination of brown rice flour and tapioca starch to create the perfect pound cake texture.
Brown rice flour gives our copycat Starbucks pumpkin loaf a fine, fluffy texture, and tapioca starch binds it all together, while maintaining that light fluffy feel. If you’ve ever tried gluten free bread and it kind of crumbled apart, that is what our gluten free baking mix will prevent. It feels and tastes just like “real” bread!
If you already have a store-bought gluten free baking mix on hand at home, you can substitute 2 cups of that baking mix for the brown rice flour and tapioca starch in our gluten free pumpkin bread recipe. (Many gluten free baking mixes will contain tapioca starch).
However, if you really want the perfect gluten free pumpkin bread, I want to encourage you to try our exact recipe. If you’re unsure where to purchase brown rice flour or tapioca starch, I’ve included links to purchase them on Amazon:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pound Cake Prep Tips
- To make our copycat Starbucks pumpkin pound cake a dairy free recipe, substitute mayonnaise for the sour cream in the recipe.
- Be sure to grease up your 9×5 loaf pan with either butter or non-stick baking spray. That way your pumpkin bread will pop right out when it’s done!
- We coated our gluten free pumpkin loaf with a white chocolate glaze. Allow loaf to cool completely before applying the glaze.
- A free printable copy of the recipe is available at the end of the post.
For the white chocolate glaze:
We used this amazing 2-ingredient “magic” coconut oil frosting recipe!
TIP: As shown in the video (located in recipe card at end of post), you can also top your gluten free pumpkin bread with caramel and nuts.
Be sure to check out our Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bread too!
Want More Yumminess? — Click here to see our 50 favorite gluten free dessert recipes!
Get more recipes delivered right to your inbox each week!
Sign up for our weekly recipe share newsletter below – it’s free!
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Be sure to pin our Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread on Pinterest:
Grab your free printable version of this gluten free pumpkin bread here:
If you love this recipe, rate it! We’d also love hear what you think in the comments below.
Hands-down the BEST Gluten Free Pumpkin Loaf ever! It's even better than the "real" Starbucks pumpkin loaf!
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream or mayonnaise
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Add sugar, oil, sour cream (or mayo), and eggs to mixer and beat until well combined.
- Add rice flour and tapioca starch and continue mixing until those ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add pumpkin puree and continue mixing until incorporated into the batter.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and baking powder and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 28-30 minutes.
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
More of our Favorite Gluten Free Pumpkin Recipes:
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Slutty Brownies – Cookie Dough Oreo Brownies - December 15, 2019
- Easy Gingerbread Poke Cake - December 13, 2019
- Is Cricut Worth the Price? Your Questions Answered! - December 11, 2019
Last updated on July 24th, 2019 at 05:27 pm