Exotic and fruity, these Dragon Fruit Popsicles are sure to liven up dessert time! Packed with antioxidants and prebiotics, gluten and dairy free, and naturally sweetened with honey — they’re a healthy treat that kids and grown-ups will both love! Oh, and they taste fantastic!
Dragon Fruit Ice Pops
I don’t know about you, but when I think “dragon fruit” I think of bright colors and exotic fruity flavors. These purple popsicles certainly live up to that!
I mean, they are just so fun and almost impossibly vibrant — kids are going to love them! And you can feel good about serving these superfood treats because they are packed with nutrients and sweetened naturally with honey.
With just 6 ingredients, these dragon fruit popsicles are the perfect easy summer treat. Just blend and freeze, and you’ve got one of the best popsicles you’ve ever had!
What Does Dragon Fruit Taste Like?
Dragon fruit is known perhaps more for its color than it’s taste. This vibrant fruit is bright pinkish purple on the outside, with an almost white inner flesh that is speckled with tiny black seeds.
Unlike it’s eye-catching appearance, the flavor of dragon fruit is a bit more subtle. It is sometimes described as a blend of kiwi, pear, and even watermelon. Dragon fruit blends well with other fruits, as we did with this popsicle recipe.
Another perk to enjoying dragon fruit is that it is loaded with health benefits, so much so that it is often called a “superfood.”
Dragon fruit is naturally low in fat and high in fiber. Dragon fruit is a good source of antioxidants, as well as immune-boosting prebiotics.
Related: Try our Copycat Starbucks Mango Dragonfruit Refresher recipe too!
What You Need to Make Dragonfruit Popsicles
Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; disclosure policyavailable here.
- Coconut milk — shake the can well to mix before adding to recipe
- Freeze-dried dragon fruit powder
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen pineapple tidbits
- Dragon fruit (fresh)
Kitchen Tools Recommended
- Silicone Popsicle Mold
- Vitamix blender (we bought ours refurbished and saved a ton!)
How to Make Dragon Fruit Popsicles
The awesome thing about this recipe is that even though they look fancy, these popsicles are super easy to make! All you need is a blender and popsicle molds!
Just add the ingredients to the blender and mix until everything is smooth.
Pour into your popsicle molds and place in the freezer — without the sticks.
Yep, we wait about an hour before inserting the popsicle sticks into our ice pops. If you put the sticks in while everything is totally liquid, the sticks may move around instead of staying in place.
Once you have the sticks in place, freeze for at least 6 hours or so, until they are solid.
Can I Use Regular Milk?
Absolutely! We use coconut milk because I am lactose intolerant and because the coconut milk pairs well with the tropical fruit flavors.
If you’d like to use regular dairy milk, I recommend choosing whole milk for a creamier texture.
Related: For more of our favorite nondairy treats, check out our big list of the best dairy free dessert recipes!
Dragon Fruit Popsicles Recipe (printable copy)
If you liked this recipe, please rate it!
Healthy Dragon Fruit Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk shake the can well to mix before adding to recipe
- 3 Tablespoons dragon fruit powder
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup dragon fruit
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Add all the ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle mold and cover. Place in the freezer for 1 hour so that they soft set.
- At the hour mark, take mold out of feezer so you can put a stick into each popsicle. Since they're starting to set, the sticks should stay in place.
- Freeze for 6 more hours, until solid.
Pin our Dragon Fruit Ice Pops on Pinterest:
You might also like:
Red Wine Popsicles (Grown-Ups Only)
- Peach Wine Slushies - June 7, 2023
- 4th of July Fudge - June 6, 2023
- Watermelon Margaritas 2 Ways – “On the Rocks” or Frozen - June 5, 2023
Leave a Reply