Have you ever looked at a dessert that looks back at you? These Halloween Blondies are an awesome Halloween dessert idea!
Halloween Blondie Bars
If you have a sweet tooth, then you will love these spooky Halloween Blondies!
Packed with delicious candy and with spooky eyeballs, this would make a great Halloween party treat or just a fun snack to enjoy during the Halloween season. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy!
Not only do these creepy-cool treats look fun, they taste delicious too! Soft and chewy cookie bars filled with candy…what’s not to love?!
What is a Blondie?
Essentially a blonde brownie, a blondie is like a brownie, but without the chocolate! Instead of cocoa, there is a healthy dose of vanilla flavoring and brown sugar.
Blondies often contain mix-ins, like our Halloween candies and eyeballs in this recipe, to add little pops of color and flavor!
Related: Check out our Halloween Pumpkin Patch Brownies too!
What you need to make Halloween Blondies
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; read our disclosure policy here.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar, packed
- Vanilla extract
- M&M’s Peanut Ghoul’s Mix (Halloween Colored M&Ms)
- Candy Eyeballs
Handy Kitchen Tools
- 8″ or 9″ square baking dish (This one comes with a handy lid!)
- Parchment Paper
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Baking Spray
How to make Halloween Candy Cookie Bars
Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper. Coat generously with non-stick baking spray.
Mix melted butter and brown sugar together, then add the egg and vanilla to this mixture.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Fold in M&M’s with a spatula or wooden spoon, then spread the blondie batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool completely, then carefully lift the parchment paper to remove blondies from the pan.
Add candy eyeballs and cut them into squares.
How to Store Your Cookie Bars
Keep in a covered food storage container at room temperature. They should last for as long as a batch of brownies would. If cut, you’ll want to enjoy within a couple days.
To freeze, wrap each cookie square individually with plastic and then place them all in a freezer bag or container. When frozen they can stay good for 2-3 months.
More of our favorite Halloween recipes for kids:
- Jack Skellington Pull-Apart Cupcakes
- Spooky Slime Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats
- Creamsicle Flavored Mini Halloween Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookies
- Frankenstein Halloween Cake Pops
- Halloween Graveyard Cake
- Pumpkin Pretzels
- Slime Filled Halloween Cookies
- Candy Corn Apples
Halloween Blondies Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, rate it! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below too!
Halloween Blondies - Spooky Candy Cookie Bars
- 8x8 baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 10 oz M&M's Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul's Mix
- Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix melted butter and brown sugar together. Add egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in M&M's with a spatula, then spread batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then carefully lift the parchment paper to remove blondies from the pan.
- Add candy eyeballs and cut them into squares.
Be sure to pin our Halloween Blondie Bars on Pinterest:
You might also like: