These Halloween Monster Cookie Bars are a fun mash-up of blondies and candy bar cookies! And they’re super easy to mix and bake!
Halloween Monster Cookie Bars
If you have a sweet tooth, then you will love these spooky monster cookie bars!
Packed with delicious candy and with spooky eyeballs, these cookie bars are a combination of blondie bars and Monster Cookies. They would make a great Halloween party treat or just a fun snack to enjoy during the Halloween season. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy!
Not only do these creepy-cool treats look fun, they taste delicious too! Soft and chewy cookie bars filled with candy…what’s not to love?!
Related: Check out our colorful Halloween Sprinkle Cookies too!
What is a Blondie?
Essentially a blonde brownie, a blondie has the same chewy texture of a brownie, but without the chocolate! Instead of cocoa, there is a healthy dose of vanilla flavoring and brown sugar.
Blondies often contain mix-ins, like our Halloween candies and eyeballs in this recipe, to add little pops of color and flavor! Think: chocolate chip cookie bars…except this Halloween version is a mash-up of cookie bars AND candy bars!
Related: Check out our Halloween Pumpkin Patch Brownies too!
What you need to make Halloween Blondies
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; read our disclosure policy here.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar, packed
- Vanilla extract
- M&M’s Peanut Ghoul’s Mix (Halloween Colored M&Ms)
- Candy Eyeballs
Handy Kitchen Tools
- 8″ or 9″ square baking dish (This one comes with a handy lid!)
- Parchment Paper
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Baking Spray
To Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper. Coat generously with non-stick baking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix melted butter and brown sugar together, then add the egg and vanilla to this mixture.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in M&M’s with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spread the cookie batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then carefully lift the parchment paper to remove blondies from the pan.
Add candy eyeballs and cut them into squares.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Use If I Can’t Find Halloween M&Ms?
Halloween M&Ms are seasonal, so depending on when you shop, they may or may not be available at the grocery store. However, you can use any similar type of candy instead: from regular M&Ms, to chocolate chips, to Reese’s Pieces.
How Do You Store Cookie Bars?
Keep in a sealed airtight container at room temperature. They should last for as long as a batch of brownies would. If cut, you’ll want to enjoy within a couple days.
To freeze, wrap each cookie square individually with plastic and then place them all in a freezer bag or container. When frozen they can stay good for 2-3 months.
Can You Make This Recipe Gluten Free?
Sure! You can swap out the regular flour for your favorite all-purpose gluten free flour. Most substitute at a 1:1 ratio, but check the package to be sure. The rest of the ingredients should already be gluten free, but I always recommend checking labels to make sure.
More of our favorite Halloween recipes for kids:
- Jack Skellington Pull-Apart Cupcakes
- Spooky Slime Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats
- Creamsicle Flavored Mini Halloween Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookies
- Frankenstein Halloween Cake Pops
- Halloween Graveyard Cake
- Pumpkin Pretzels
- Slime Filled Halloween Cookies
- Candy Corn Apples
- Halloween Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
Halloween Monster Cookie Bar Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, rate it! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below too!
Halloween Blondies - Spooky Candy Cookie Bars
- 8x8 baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 10 oz M&M's Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul's Mix
- Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix melted butter and brown sugar together. Add egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in M&M's with a spatula, then spread batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then carefully lift the parchment paper to remove blondies from the pan.
- Add candy eyeballs and cut them into squares.
Be sure to pin our Halloween Blondie Bars on Pinterest:
You might also like: