These Halloween Monster Cookie Bars are a fun mash-up of blondies and candy bar cookies! And they’re super easy to mix and bake!
Halloween Monster Cookie Bars
If you have a sweet tooth, then you will love these spooky monster cookie bars!
Packed with delicious candy and with spooky eyeballs, these cookie bars are a combination of blondie bars and Monster Cookies. They would make a great Halloween party treat or just a fun snack to enjoy during the Halloween season. This recipe is also a great way to use up leftover Halloween candy!
Not only do these creepy-cool treats look fun, they taste delicious too! Soft and chewy cookie bars filled with candy…what’s not to love?!
Related: Check out our colorful Halloween Sprinkle Cookies too!
What is a Blondie?
Essentially a blonde brownie, a blondie has the same chewy texture of a brownie, but without the chocolate! Instead of cocoa, there is a healthy dose of vanilla flavoring and brown sugar.
Blondies often contain mix-ins, like our Halloween candies and eyeballs in this recipe, to add little pops of color and flavor! Think: chocolate chip cookie bars…except this Halloween version is a mash-up of cookie bars AND candy bars!
Related: Check out our Halloween Pumpkin Patch Brownies too!
What you need to make Halloween Blondies
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; read our disclosure policy here.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar, packed
- Vanilla extract
- M&M’s Peanut Ghoul’s Mix (Halloween Colored M&Ms)
- Candy Eyeballs
Handy Kitchen Tools
- 8″ or 9″ square baking dish (This one comes with a handy lid!)
- Parchment Paper
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Baking Spray
To Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8″ square baking pan with parchment paper. Coat generously with non-stick baking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix melted butter and brown sugar together, then add the egg and vanilla to this mixture.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in M&M’s with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spread the cookie batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then carefully lift the parchment paper to remove blondies from the pan.
Add candy eyeballs and cut them into squares.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Use If I Can’t Find Halloween M&Ms?
Halloween M&Ms are seasonal, so depending on when you shop, they may or may not be available at the grocery store. However, you can use any similar type of candy instead: from regular M&Ms, to chocolate chips, to Reese’s Pieces.
How Do You Store Cookie Bars?
Keep in a sealed airtight container at room temperature. They should last for as long as a batch of brownies would. If cut, you’ll want to enjoy within a couple days.
To freeze, wrap each cookie square individually with plastic and then place them all in a freezer bag or container. When frozen they can stay good for 2-3 months.
Can You Make This Recipe Gluten Free?
Sure! You can swap out the regular flour for your favorite all-purpose gluten free flour. Most substitute at a 1:1 ratio, but check the package to be sure. The rest of the ingredients should already be gluten free, but I always recommend checking labels to make sure.
More of our favorite Halloween recipes for kids:
- Jack Skellington Pull-Apart Cupcakes
- Spooky Slime Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats
- Creamsicle Flavored Mini Halloween Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookies
- Frankenstein Halloween Cake Pops
- Halloween Graveyard Cake
- Pumpkin Pretzels
- Slime Filled Halloween Cookies
- Candy Corn Apples
Halloween Monster Cookie Bar Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, rate it! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below too!
Halloween Blondies - Spooky Candy Cookie Bars
- 8x8 baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 10 oz M&M's Peanut Chocolate Candies Ghoul's Mix
- Candy Eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix melted butter and brown sugar together. Add egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in M&M's with a spatula, then spread batter into your prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then carefully lift the parchment paper to remove blondies from the pan.
- Add candy eyeballs and cut them into squares.
Be sure to pin our Halloween Blondie Bars on Pinterest:
You might also like:
- Easter Fudge - March 20, 2023
- 40 April Fools Day Jokes for Kids - March 19, 2023
- Little Caesars Crazy Bread - March 16, 2023
Leave a Reply