These spooky Mummy Hot Dogs are the perfect non-candy Halloween treat! They’re easy to make using crescent dough — only 4 ingredients! Kids will absolutely love them!
Crescent Roll Hot Dog Mummies
Most of the Halloween recipes out there are for sweet treats, which is why I love these hot dog mummies so much! They are a savory dish, so you can have a spooky lunch or dinner too!
The best part: you only need four simple ingredients and it’s a one-pan dish! No mixing or anything required — simply assemble and bake.
If you’re looking for a fun Halloween lunch or dinner, you can’t go wrong with these hot dog mummies! They are perfect for picky eaters or younger kids who aren’t very adventurous eaters yet. These hot dog mummies are so cute, and a fun and spooky way to enjoy Halloween this year.
What You Need to Make Halloween Mummy Hot Dogs
Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; read disclosure policy here.
- Hot Dogs
- Ketchup or mustard
- Crescent Roll Dough
- Candy Eyes — We used these adorable candy eyes with eyelashes, but any type will work!
Handy Kitchen Tools
- Cookie sheet
- Non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Mummy Hot Dogs
Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Unroll the crescent dough and cut it into thin strips, about 1/2″ wide.
TIP: For a more tattered mummy look, try rolling the dough to shape the strips into a strings.
Wrap the dough around the hot dogs, leaving gaps between the dough.
Place hot dog mummies on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until the dough turns light golden brown.
Allow to cool enough to handle, then place two candy eyes onto the hot dog mummy, using ketchup or mustard as “glue.”
Customize Your Mummies:
- Add cheese! Cut a slice of American cheese into 4 strips. Place one strip under each hot dog, using the crescent dough to wrap around both the hot dog and the cheese. Bake.
- Make mini mummies! Use cocktail weenies instead of full size hot dogs. You may also want to cut the crescent dough into slightly thinner strips, then wrap around the weenies and bake. Keep an eye on them in the oven, since they are smaller they may cook a little bit faster.
More of our favorite Halloween recipes:
- Slime-Filled Halloween Cookies
- Jack Skellington Pull-Apart Cupcakes
- Spooky Slime Cookies
- Peanut Butter Candy Corn Treats
- Creamsicle Flavored Mini Halloween Cupcakes
- Spiderweb Cookies
- Frankenstein Halloween Cake Pops
- Halloween Graveyard Cake
- Pumpkin Pretzels
- Pumpkin Patch Brownies
Mummy Hot Dog Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you love this recipe, rate it! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below too!
Mummy Hot Dogs with Crescent Rolls
- 4 Hot Dogs
- Ketchup as needed
- 1 tube Crescent Roll Dough
- Candy Eyes as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and mist baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Unroll the dough and cut it into 1/2" strips. Wrap the dough around the hot dogs, leaving gaps between dough.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Place two candy eyeballs onto each hot dog mummy, using ketchup or mustard as glue.
Be sure to pin our Hot Dog Mummies on Pinterest:
You might also like: