A vibrant blend of three berries and protein-rich ingredients, this Triple Berry Smoothie Bowl is a nutritional powerhouse!
Triple Berry Smoothie Bowl
Smoothies are one of the most popular health food options out there, and for good reason! It’s an awesome way to pack a lot of nutrition in one low-calorie glass.
However, a smoothie bowl provides that same nutritional punch, but will extra toppings that make it feel like a total indulgence! For some reason, if you serve a smoothie in a bowl and layer it with healthy goodies like almond butter and fresh berries, it tastes more like a dessert than “just” a healthy breakfast. (But it is a healthy breakfast!)
This triple berry smoothie bowl is a vibrant blend of berries that provide so many awesome benefits to start your day.
Here’s the nutritional scoop:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- High protein
- Packed with antioxidants
- Naturally sweetened
- Provides a full serving of fruit & lots of vitamins and minerals
How to Make a Healthy Berry Smoothie Bowl
Keep reading for bonus prep tips and photo step-by-step instructions or click here to jump to printable recipe.
One of the main reasons I love protein smoothie bowls is because they are so easy to make. Simply blend all ingredients until smooth and pour into bowls. Then the fun really starts!
Note: For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe. Read our disclosure policy here.
TIP: We love our high-powered Vitamix blender! It was definitely a splurge, but we saved a lot of money by purchasing a certified refurbished one. Every other blender we’ve owned has burned out within a year, but a Vitamin can last for a decade, so it’s worth it in the long run!
Once you’ve made your berry smoothie bowl base, you get to add toppings! Whether it’s whole berries for extra berry flavor or a sprinkle of hemp or chia seeds for more protein power, the possibilities are many!
Our Favorite Smoothie Bowl Toppings:
- A small handful of fresh or frozen berries
- A teaspoon of unsweetened coconut chips
- A teaspoon of hemp seeds (high in protein and omega-3s)
- A teaspoon of chia seeds (high in protein and fiber)
- A teaspoon of sliced or chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- A dollop of peanut or almond butter
TIP: Smoothie bowls are best when enjoyed immediately.
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Grab a free printable copy of our triple berry protein smoothie bowl:
If you love this recipe, rate it! Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments too!
Very Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cups strawberries frozen
- ½ cup raspberries frozen
- ½ cup blueberries frozen
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk)
- 2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder optional
- Combine above ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie base into two wide bowls, then top with your choice of toppings, like chia seeds, fresh berries, or slivered almonds. Enjoy immediately.
Be sure to pin our Very Berry Smoothie Bowl recipe on Pinterest: