Learn my secret beauty trick for the softest skin EVER — how to use coconut oil for dry skin.
I just discovered a little trick to get the softest skin ever with coconut oil. This was a game-changer for me— especially when my skin is parched from dry winter air— so I just had to share!
My Secret Beauty Hack: Coconut Oil for Dry Skin
I love love LOVE coconut oil! We keep a tub of coconut oil in the kitchen for cooking (lots of healthy benefits compared to other cooking oils) and a tub in the bathroom for our skin.
I used to apply coconut oil to my skin like I would regular lotion: massaging into completely dry skin. This worked great, but it could take a few minutes to completely absorb and sometimes my skin felt a tad greasy.
One day I decided to try something different and apply the coconut oil after my shower while my skin was still wet— it was sitting right there after all!
I then patted dry with a towel. I couldn’t believe the results—I seriously had the softest skin ever!! And there was no greasiness…none!!
The results were so amazing I’ve changed my routine and have been applying coconut oil this way ever since. It might seem counterintuitive (oil and water don’t mix right?) but for some reason it just works…really really well!
Keep reading to learn exactly how I use coconut oil for dry skin!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to products I love; disclosure policy available here.
3 Steps to get the Softest Skin Ever with Coconut Oil:
- Gently exfoliate skin while in the shower (we love this cotton blossom homemade sugar scrub).
- As soon as you finish showering (but before you dry off), massage pure coconut oil into wet skin.
- Pat dry with a towel to remove excess moisture.
Perhaps the best part of my “discovery” is that it speeds up my routine! (Because we moms don’t always have the luxury of a long time to shower and get ready!)
Speaking of a quick morning routine, check out my 5 Minute Makeup for Busy Moms!
You can use any brand of coconut oil, but I found that Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Oil smells AMAZING and it is in a square container, so it’s easier to use than trying to squeeze your hand into a jar (or getting a spoon to scoop it out).
Why Coconut Oil?
- It’s naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal.
- Coconut oil is affordable and one tub lasts for months.
- It’s gentle enough to use on sensitive skin (it’s been a life-saver for my oldest daughter’s eczema!)
More Amazing (and Thrifty) Uses for Coconut Oil
- Try coconut oil in place of shaving cream.
- Use coconut oil to remove eye makeup.
- Smooth on chapped lips to sooth and protect.
- Rub on dry heels before bed as a cracked heel treatment.
- Use it as a massage oil.
Check out my Other Favorite Beauty and Skincare Tricks:
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Salt Shaker Snow Globe Ornaments - December 7, 2019
- Honey Nut Cheerio Balls – Easy Cheerio Peanut Butter Balls - December 6, 2019
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Truffles - December 5, 2019
Last updated on April 3rd, 2018 at 06:36 pm