Inside: Why being pregnant is the BEST! Keep reading for 10 awesome pregnancy perks to treasure now!
The Awesome Pregnancy Perks You’ll Miss Later
After an uncomfortable pregnancy and a rough labor and delivery, I never thought I would find myself saying this… but I actually miss being pregnant!
Before you call me crazy, hear me out.
Being a big pregnant lady really does have it’s perks!
Note: I’ve included ad links to products I love and use; read our full disclosure policy here.
10 Awesome perks to being pregnant
1. You’re untouchable. You can’t pick on a pregnant chick — that’s just wrong!
2. You can legitimately wear mu-mus. Say what you want, but billowy tent dresses are the ultimate in comfort no matter your body size. Being 40 pounds heavier than normal is the perfect excuse to float around in a glorified bed sheet.
3. You can eat whatever you want! Once you get past the morning (correction: all-day) sickness, heartburn, reflux, gas, indigestion, and a little growing human that is sitting on your stomach you can totally scarf down anything and everything!
4. You get primo parking! Most grocery stores or shopping malls have one special parking spot right up front reserved for “expectant mothers.” It’s all yours because there surely aren’t going to be any other exhausted pregnant ladies crazy enough to want to go out in public competing for that coveted piece of asphalt.
5. You get to kick up your heels and relax. Ya know, once you’re home from work, chores are done, and any other kiddos are off to bed already…
6. You get to be spoiled rotten. Tie your own shoes? Pshh–that’s for peasants! You’re a privileged princess now, enlisting “the help” for everything from clipping your toenails to shaving.
7. Aunt Flo stops visiting! Rejoice as your annoying monthly visitor goes on hiatus! It’s almost enough to make you forget all of the other delightful bodily changes that are happening instead.
8. You get to take a vacation from work. Most companies are extremely understanding when your pregnancy stretches on into a 41st week and you’re too big to get out of bed, much less make it to work. You can expect to enjoy six whole weeks of relaxation to recover from labor and teach your helpless newborn to be self-sufficient. That’s plenty of time…right?
9. You have the perfect boobs! Ok, so this actually was an awesome perk for me…a boob job without surgery! It’s so exciting to wake up and find that you’ve grown from modest to voluptuous seemingly overnight. (It’s crucial to have a comfortable maternity bra…this one was my fav!)
10. You get to feel like a boss for growing a human being. Correction…you ARE a boss! And you have every right to use it to your advantage while you can. You deserve every foot rub and late night ice cream run that comes your way!
All jokes aside…
Pregnancy is such a miraculous, if trying, experience. By the time you hit that final, excruciatingly long month, you might find yourself saying (frequently) “I’m never doing this again.”
But just you wait…
As your baby starts to wean, walk, talk, and turn into an actual little person, you might, just might, catch yourself thinking how exciting it would be to do it all over again.
What pregnancy perks did YOU love? Share your story in the comments below!
More on Pregnancy:
Last updated on March 13th, 2019 at 12:55 pm