If you love cinnamon rolls then you’ve GOT to try this decadent Cinnamon Roll Cake topped with a layer of luscious cream cheese frosting!
Frosted Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake
My Granny makes the best cinnamon rolls in the whole world. True story!
However, I only get to enjoy them every now and then because we live so far away. And while I can get the recipe easily enough, my Granny’s cinnamon rolls are a true labor of love. Everything has to be just right or they don’t turn out! My Granny always makes them perfectly…
Me…not so much…
SO…this cinnamon roll cake is the next best thing! I love it because it doesn’t try to compete with a classic cinnamon roll, but rather puts its own spin on things.
Plus it is absolutely covered in thick, rich frosting – the best part right??
Make a batch for your next special event or you can freeze them so they’ll be ready to enjoy anytime!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Cake
A free printable copy of the full recipe is available at the bottom of the post.
Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and bonus prep tips or click here to jump to printable recipe.
Even though this dessert is made from scratch, it’s pretty easy to make!
Start by making your batter, then spreading into the bottom of your pan. Cover with a generous layer of the cinnamon roll filling.
Then top with rich cream cheese frosting – my favorite part!
TIP: These cinnamon roll bars also freeze well! I keep mine on the parchment paper (pre sliced) and put a piece on top and slide it into a bag and vacuum seal it. Then we just defrost and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. YUM!
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Grab a free printable copy of our Cinnamon Roll Cake recipe:
If you love this recipe, rate it! You can also share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you love cinnamon rolls then you've GOT to try this decadent Cinnamon Roll Cake topped with a layer of luscious cream cheese frosting!
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 15 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 eggs large
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 ½ Tablespoons salted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ½ teaspoons corn syrup
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 9 x 13" sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl until light and airy.
- Add sour cream and milk to bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- To make the filling, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Add the butter and mix well. Set aside.
- Spread cinnamon roll cake batter into your prepared sheet pan. Cover with filling and spread gently to coat evenly.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter, granulated sugar, whipping cream, vanilla and corn syrup and bring to a boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes and allow it to thicken slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese.
- Return to burner and stir continuously until the cream cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and add 3 cups powdered sugar (I do the last cup slowly to make sure I get the right consistency) stirring until well combined.
- Allow icing to cool slightly, then pour over the cinnamon rolls.
- Once icing sets, cut into squares and serve.
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
Pin this Frosted Cinnamon Roll Sheet Cake on Pinterest:
You might also like:
Want more FREE family activities & resources?
Subscribe to our weekly Positive Family Newsletter with inspirational messages, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Last updated on September 23rd, 2018 at 05:39 pm
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram