Inside: How to make Candy Cane Ice Skate Ornaments, an easy kids Christmas craft.
Candy Cane Ice Skates Ornaments
One of our treasured family Christmas traditions is an ornament-making party. We plug in our Christmas playlist, sing loudly, laugh, and craft the afternoon away!
Last year we made deliciously fragrant Orange Pomanders, inspired by my favorite childhood Christmas stories, The Sweet Smell of Christmas. This year we based our craft on two books: Katie the Candy Cane Fairy and Santa!
The inspiration we took from The Candy Cane Fairy is probably obvious…candy canes! Santa! features a holographic ice-skating Santa Clause, so we combined the two for a fun and festive craft.
Related: You might also love our Baby Bottle Photo Ornament!
Supplies needed to make Candy Cane Ice Skate Ornaments:
- White craft foam sheets
- Adhesive backed felt sheets (red and green)
- Glue gun
- Mini candy canes
- Decorating supplies (glitter glue, jingle bells, Christmas confetti, etc.)
STEP ONE: Attach felt sheets to the foam. Adhesive-backed felt sheets make this step super easy and mess-free!
STEP TWO: Trace a boot shape onto the back of the foam. We used a stocking-shaped ornament as our pattern.
STEP THREE: Cut out your stockings.
STEP FOUR: Break the candy canes on the curved side so that they will fit perfectly along the bottom of your skates. Attach candy canes to your skates with a glue gun. (My girls are on the young side, so I did this part for them). I also used the glue gun to attack a 4″ loop of ribbon to the back of the ornaments for hanging.
STEP FIVE: Decorate!
Pin these Candy Cane Ice Skate Ornaments on Pinterest:
This is our second year linking up with the 10 Days of Kid-Made a Christmas blog hop. Here are my fellow posters for the day:
- Rustic Wreath Christmas Ornament – from the Eyes of a Boy
- Elephant & Piggie Christmas Ornaments – from My Bright Firefly
- Clay Dinosaur Ornaments – from Planet Smarty Pants
- Felt Paw Print Ornament – from Zing Zing Tree
See all of this year’s ornaments here!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE these Christmas projects:
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Study: Dads that Change Diapers have Happier Wives - August 20, 2019
- How to Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles After Birth - August 19, 2019
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Soy Glaze - August 19, 2019
Last updated on November 30th, 2018 at 08:36 pm