This refreshing Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad is ready in 5 minutes!
Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad
Vacationing a couple years ago on South Padre Island, my husband and I sampled an amazing cold salad made with hearts of palm (which I had never tasted before) and artichokes.
It was amazing and as soon as we return home from vacation I was already craving this unique salad again.
My husband (the chef in the family) assured me that he could re-create the recipe and he did not disappoint! He even added his own twist: baby spinach.
What I love about this salad:
- It’s fast! (Ready in 5 minutes)
- It looks elegant (we got the inspiration from an upscale restaurant).
- You only need simple ingredients available at most grocery stores.
Our oldest daughter loves hearts of palm and scarfs down this salad every time. It’s definitely worth letting the kiddos have a taste – they might just surprise you and love it too! (Plus exposing kids to new flavors is a great way to teach your kids to love healthy food).
Here’s what you need to make this easy hearts of palm and artichoke salad:
- Hearts of palms (usually found in a jar or can)
- Quartered artichoke hearts (also found in a jar or can)
- Dijon mustard (my husband prefers Grey Poupon Mild & Creamy)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh spinach
A free printable copy of this recipe with full ingredient list and directions is available at the bottom of the post.
Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and prep tips or click here to jump to printable recipe.
How to Make Our 5-Minute Artichoke & Hearts of Palm Salad
Drain both the artichokes and hearts of palm.
The artichokes are good to go, but the hearts of palm will need to be sliced for easier eating. A diagonal cut will make them look pretty.
Combine pre-quartered artichokes and sliced hearts of palms in medium mixing bowl with dijon mustard and extra virgin olive oil. Toss until well-coated. Add salt & pepper to taste.
TIP: “Roll” spinach with fingers (will make for easier cutting) and chop spinach to about 1/4″ width.
Layer spinach in individual bowls, or a large serving bowl.
Top with hearts of palm and artichoke mixture. The salad is ready to eat immediately — the perfect cool, healthy meal on a hot summer day!
Pin this 5-Minute Hearts of Palm Salad on Pinterest:
Grab a free printable version of our easy Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad:
5-Minute Hearts of Palm and Artichoke Salad
- 1 can hearts of palms 14 ounces
- 1 jar quartered artichoke hearts 10-12 ounces
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Drain both the artichokes and hearts of palm. Chop hearts of palm into bite-size slices (we use a diagonal cut).
- Combine pre-quartered artichokes and sliced hearts of palms in medium mixing bowl with dijon mustard and extra virgin olive oil. Toss until well-coated. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Chop spinach.
- Layer spinach in individual bowls, then top with hearts of palm and artichoke mixture.