Whether you’re making them with the kiddos or for your sweetheart, these Gummy Bear Heart Cookies are a cute and delicious Valentine’s Day treat! The gummies melt to make a super cute heart shape in the middle of the cookie! Just press and bake!
Gummy Filled Heart Cookies
I’d never thought of using gummy bears in baked goods before — but they make the coolest “stained glass” effect! Plus they add a punch of fruity flavor to your basic sugar cookie.
These Gummy Bear Heart Cookies are a super cute treat for Valentine’s Day. And the best part is that kids can help make them every step of the way! From creating the heart-shaped thumbprints, to filling them in with gummies, kids will love this recipe!
They’re similar to our Stained Glass Heart Cookies, except we used gummy bears instead of jelly this time.
We love to bake with our girls because it shows them practical applications for the math skills they learn at school. In fact, our oldest daughter attends Huntington Learning Center after school and baking is one of the at-home math practice activities they recommended.
Baking is definitely WAY more fun than worksheets!
Kitchen Supplies Used
For your convenience in re-creating our Gummy Bear Heart Cookies, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products we used. Disclosure policy available here.
How to Make Gummy Bear Heart Cookies
A free printable copy of the full recipe and ingredient list is available at the bottom of the post.
We saved time by using a sugar cookie mix, but you can also make them with your favorite homemade sugar cookie recipe. Click here for the sugar cookie recipe we use to make our Cadbury Egg Cookies too.
When creating your heart-shaped indention, try to create the shape first by pressing gently, then going back and pressing down with the tip of your finger. Just be careful not to push too far through the bottom of the cookie.
After making indentions in all of your cookies, place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This helps the cookies keep their shape while baking. (This is especially important when using store-bought dough).
We used gummy bears because they are just the right size for our heart-shaped cookie indentions, but you could use any gummy candy you have on hand. Simply trim to fit.
If your gummy bears are not completely melted and your cookies are done, you can use a toothpick to stir the gummy around to finish melting them and evenly distribute.
More Valentine treats:
- Ladybug Oreo Valentine Truffles
- Strawberry Ladybugs
- Easy Valentine Pretzel Treats
- Valentine Teddy Bear Oreos
Grab a free printable copy of our gummy bear heart cookies recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Whether you're making them with the kiddos or for your sweetheart, these Gummy Bear Heart Cookies are a cute and delicious Valentine's Day treat!
- 1 package sugar cookie mix (plus ingredients listed on package)
- 12 Red gummy bears
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix according to directions on package.
- Use about a Tablespoon of sugar cookie batter to form balls, then slightly flatten onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- Cut the red gummy bears in half lengthwise. You will need one gummy bear for each cookie.
- Gently press down with your index or pinky finger into the center of each cookie, forming a “v” or heart shape.
- These cookies turn out better if you can create a fairly deep indent by going back and pressing down with the tip of your finger, but be careful not to push too far through the bottom of the cookie.
Place cookie sheet in freezer for about 10 minutes before baking. This helps cookies keep their shape.
- Place one half of the red gummy bear into each of the two sections of the heart shape on each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes until they are cooked through, and the gummy bears have melted in the center.
- If your gummy bears are not completely melted, you can take a toothpick, and swirl them around to finish melting them and distribute the gummy candy around the heart shape on each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool, and serve.
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
Pin our Gummy Filled Heart Cookies on Pinterest:
More of our favorite Valentine’s Day recipes:
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cake - January 26, 2020
- Pink Strawberry Champagne Cookies - January 24, 2020
- I Didn’t Lose Myself when I Became a Mom – I Found My Purpose - January 23, 2020
Last updated on January 19th, 2020 at 08:25 pm