It doesn’t get more festive than these bubbly strawberry champagne cookies! We’ve taken a classic sugar cookie dough and added sweet strawberry and tart champagne flavors. The result is a soft and fluffy cookie that’s both gorgeous and delicious!
Strawberry Champagne Sugar Cookies
Yep, I’m totally a chocolate person!
That being said, every now and then I get a craving for something strawberry. And when I crave strawberry, I will not be thwarted! MUST HAVE ALL THE STRAWBERRY.
That’s why I’m sooo excited about these strawberry champagne cookies!
They’re absolutely gorgeous, have a unique combination of sweet strawberry and tart champagne flavor, and the sugar sprinkle coating adds just the right amount of pop!
Wouldn’t they be fun to make for Valentine’s Day? Or a treat to enjoy at your next girl’s night? (You can make them boozy if ya want! Whoohoo!)
This is an easy and fun recipe and guaranteed to surprise the taste buds of whoever is lucky enough to receive a batch!
Related: Be sure to try our gorgeous Pink Champagne Cupcakes too!
What You Need to Make Pink Champagne Cookies
For your convenience in re-creating our Pink Champagne Cookies, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products we used. Disclosure policy available here.
- Unsalted butter — Be sure to use unsalted butter because we add salt in the recipe already!
- Powdered sugar
- Strawberry extract — For adding rich strawberry flavor, without the mess of juicing strawberries
- Champagne extract — If you want to make non-alcoholic cookies, use the extract. We’ll also show you how to make your own (boozy) champagne extract below!
- Pure vanilla extract
- Baking soda
Kitchen Tools Used
- Stand mixer — You can also use an electric hand mixer if that’s what you have at home. But if you’ve been eyeing a gorgeous KitchenAid mixer, check out the refurbished options! We bought ours refurbished and saved a ton of money!
- Non-slip mixing bowls
- Pink gel food coloring — We love gel food coloring for our sugar cookies recipe and all of our baking recipes because it create rich vibrant colors with only a couple drops.
- Pink sugar sprinkles
- Cookie sheet — You can line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable non-stick silicone baking mat (we LOVE these!!)
- Cookie dough scooper — A handy tool to make perfectly even cookie sizes
What is Champagne Extract?
Champagne extract imparts the flavor of champagne to recipes, without the sugar or alcohol of the real stuff. When using champagne extract, these cookies are perfectly fine for all ages to enjoy!
You can find champagne extract in specialty stores, or on Amazon with this link.
In the prep tips below, I’ll show you what to do if you don’t have champagne extract on hand — or if you want to try our strawberry champagne cookies with the extra pop of real sparkling wine.
The dough for our pink champagne cookies is a simple sugar cookie dough with a few special mix-ins to make them “pop” (see what I did there?)
How to Make Champagne Extract
If you can’t find champagne extract at the store, don’t want to wait to order it, or want a little boozy cookies, you can use real sparkling wine to make your own extract.
- Pour champagne into a medium sauce pan.
- Heat to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces by half.
- Allow to cool completely before adding to cookie batter.
Keep in mind that this will make the cookie a no-go for anyone under 21, as some of the alcohol remains after baking. It will also give the cookies a more tart flavor — though I think the sugar sprinkles on top add the perfect balance.
How to Make Pink Champagne Cookies
First, make your sugar cookie batter:
- Cream butter and sugar in stand mixer on medium speed.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, a cup at a time, mixing as you go, until you have a thick sugar cookie batter.
After adding your pink food coloring, your strawberry champagne cookie dough may look reddish. Don’t worry — they will lighten up during baking and look a bright pink with the sprinkles!
Cover the bowl of dough with plastic wrap or a towel and chill for about an hour.
Now it’s time to bake those champagne cookies!
Preheat oven to 350°F and make balls out of the sugar cookie dough.
A cookie scoop like the one above is super handy for making uniformly-sized cookies. However, if you don’t have one you can simply roll the dough into balls by hand that are about the size of a ping-pong ball, or about 1 Tablespoon.
Roll each dough ball into a bowl of pink sprinkles, then place on your prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 9-10 minutes, taking care not to over-bake.
Get more recipes delivered right to your inbox each week!
Sign up for our weekly recipe share newsletter below – it’s fun and free!
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
More of our favorite Valentine’s Day recipes:
- Ladybug Oreo Valentine Truffles
- Very Cherry Dump Cake
- Valentine Pretzel Treats
- Red Lips Valentine Cookies
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cake
Strawberry Champagne Cookie Recipe (Printable Copy)
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Strawberry Champagne Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 teaspoon champagne extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Using a standing mixer or electric hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Continue mixing, adding the egg, strawberry extract, champagne extract and vanilla extract until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually pour dry ingredients into your bowl of wet ingredients, mixing as you go.
- Finally, add a few drops of pink food coloring until your batter is the desired color.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Pour pink sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Using a medium cookie scooper, portion out the dough. Roll each ball of dough in the bowl of sprinkles.
- Place dough balls onto a prepared cookie sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before enjoying.
Pin our Pink Strawberry Champagne Cookies on Pinterest:
More of our favorite strawberry recipes: