Sweet, juicy strawberries and decadent chocolate come together in one easy dessert in these chocolate covered strawberry brownies!
Strawberry Chocolate Brownies
If you love chocolate covered strawberries then you’ve GOT to try this recipe! These strawberry fudge brownies taste just like the classic Valentine’s candy…only better!
That’s because we started with a base of rich fudge brownies. Then we topped them with a layer of luscious chocolate ganache. As if that wasn’t tasty enough, we piled the brownies high with fresh strawberries! Finally, we finished this masterpiece with a chocolate drizzle.
Chocolate and strawberries are the perfect pairing, especially when you use semisweet or dark chocolate to balance the sweetness of the strawberries.
If you really want to wow someone with a spectacular dessert, then you’ve got to make these ultra decadent, velvety Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies! Just like Chocolate Covered Strawberries, this is the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- 1 box brownie mix, plus ingredients listed on package (usually eggs, oil, and water)
- Fresh strawberries — Washed, stem removed, and chopped
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
Kitchen Supplies Used
- 9×13″ baking pan or baking dish lined with parchment paper
- Double boiler
- disposable piping bagA free printable copy of this strawberry brownies recipe with full ingredient amounts and directions is available at the bottom of the post.
How to Make Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
Preheat oven to 350°F and mix brownie batter according to package instructions.
Fold half of your chopped fresh strawberries in the brownie batter, then pour this mixture into your prepared pan. Try to make sure that strawberries are evenly distributed.
Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in to the middle of the brownies comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool before frosting.
To make the chocolate ganache:
Add chocolate and heavy cream to a double boiler. Whisk together as they melt, until smooth.
Remove from heat and allow to cool enough to handle. Pour 1/3 ganache into a plastic piping bag and set aside.
Decorate your strawberry chocolate brownies:
Spread ganache from mixing bowl to cover the top of the brownies. While ganache is still soft, place the remaining chopped strawberries in the top of your brownies.
Drizzle with the ganache in your piping bag.
Allow ganache to set completely. Slice and enjoy!
PS- Love strawberries? Try our Sparkling Strawberry Shortcake Bellinis too!
Can You Make the Frosting in the Microwave?
You might have noticed that we used a double boiler to make our homemade chocolate ganache frosting. This is takes slightly longer than the microwave, but it is generally the safest way to melt chocolate. It will also give you the best results.
However, you can make this using a microwave if you like. To do so, place chocolate and whipped cream to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, stir, and continue heating in 20-30 second intervals until melted. Once melted, you can use a wire whisk to whip up the ganache for a thicker, fluffier texture (more like frosting).
Can You Make the Brownies from Scratch?
Of course! We used a box brownie mix here to save a bit of time, though we did make the chocolate ganache.
If you’d like to make your own homemade brownies, here are a few of our favorite brownie recipes:
Do the Brownies Need to be Refrigerated?
Normally, I don’t keep brownies in the fridge. However, since there are fresh strawberries on top, I do recommend keeping these brownies refrigerated to keep the fruit looking nicer longer.
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should stay good for 3-5 days.
Grab a free printable copy of this Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies
- double boiler
- Rectangle Baking Pan
- 1 box Chocolate Brownie Mix plus ingredients listed on package directions
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and mix up the brownie batter according to package instructions.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups of chopped fresh strawberries in the brownie mix, then pour batter into a baking dish. Try to make sure that strawberries are evenly distributed.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in to the middle of the brownies comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool before frosting.
- Add chocolate and whipping cream to a double boiler. Whisk together as they melt, until smooth.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool enough to handle.
- Scoop 1/3 of ganache into plastic piping bag and cut a small hole in the tip. Set aside.
How to decorate:
- Spread the ganache from mixing bowl over the top of the brownies, then place the rest of your chopped strawberries into ganache.
- Drizzle the remaining ganache (in piping bag) over the strawberries.
- Allow to set before slicing brownies.
Be sure to pin our Strawberry Chocolate Brownies on Pinterest:
More of our favorite strawberry recipes:
Gluten Free Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Icing
- Easter Fudge - March 20, 2023
- 40 April Fools Day Jokes for Kids - March 19, 2023
- Little Caesars Crazy Bread - March 16, 2023
John Ravi says
What a great recipe! Although I love chocolates and strawberries separately, I have never really enjoyed them together. But my sister is my exact opposite, and she loves chocolate and strawberry. Since it’s her birthday next month, I was thinking about doing something personal, and these brownies will be the perfect handmade gift for her. I am sure she will love it. Thanks a lot for sharing this recipe. I really hope I can make these brownies half as good as yours.
Which brand brownie box mix did you use? It looks like the perfect fudgy consistency that I like.
Stacey aka the Soccer Mom says
I personally love Ghirardelli double chocolate brownies – super fudge-y!!