A quick and easy Valentine’s Day party snack that’s ready in minutes! These cute Valentine Pretzel Treats are fun for kids to make and perfect gifts for teachers, family and friends.
Easy Peasy Valentine Pretzel Treats
Aren’t these valentines chocolate covered pretzels SO cute?
Would you believe they only take 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make?
This is the perfect Valentine’s Day recipe to make when you’re short on time or want to make a quick gift for teachers, family, or a party treat.
My girls love to make food gifts with melted chocolate because those are the types of recipes that they can do with little assistance. These Valentine Pretzel Treats are fun to make with the kids! (Though they might try to sneak a few “taste tests!”)
Related: Check out these “Bunny Butt Pretzels” we made for Easter too!
For your convenience in re-creating our valentines chocolate covered pretzels, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products and kitchen supplies we used. Disclosure policy available here.
- Square pretzels
- HERSHEY’S HUGS Kisses
- Conversation hearts candy
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper or non-slip silicone baking mat
How to Make Easy Valentine’s Day Pretzels
Place pretzels on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and top each pretzel with a white chocolate Hershey Kiss.
Keep a close eye on your pretzel treats while they bake, as they only need a couple minutes in the oven. You will know they are ready when the chocolate looks wet and shiny.
TIP: The HUGS will not melt down — so don’t let that be the indicator that it’s time to take them out of the oven. If they bake for too long then the chocolate will crack and burn.
Remove cookie sheet from the oven and carefully place a candy conversation heart on top of each hug. Gently press so that the candy sinks down slightly into the melting Hershey’s Kiss. Careful, the melted chocolate and cookie sheet may still be hot.
Note: Adults should handle this step, or make sure that there is nothing hot enough to burn if kids are helping.
Allow to cool completely before storing or enjoying.
How Far in Advance Can You Make Chocolate Covered Pretzels?
The great thing about these pretzel treats is that they can be made a few days in advance because they keep well. That way you’re not scrambling to make a dessert ON Valentine’s Day!
Feel free to make your chocolate covered pretzels the day before, or even a couple days ahead of when you need them. Just be sure to keep in an airtight container in a cool place.
What Kind of Chocolate is Good for Melting?
We used Hershey Kisses for our treats because they do melt, but also keep their shape a little bit. They make the perfect little pillow of chocolate for our conversation hearts!
However, you could also use large melting wafers in either milk or white chocolate — whichever is your favorite! We recommend Ghirardelli Chocolate Melting Wafers because they taste amazing and melt smoothly. Anything smaller, like chocolate chips, won’t really work for this recipe.
Should I Store Chocolate Covered Pretzels in the Fridge?
These chocolate covered pretzels are best stored in an airtight container at room temperature. They do not need to be kept refrigerated, but make sure that they are in a cool location away from sunlight or anything else that might make them melt.
Get more recipes delivered right to your inbox each week!
Sign up for our weekly recipe share newsletter below – it’s fun and free!
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
More Valentine’s Day Sweet Treats:
- Very Cherry Dump Cake
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Red Lips Valentine Cookies
- Conversation Heart Marshmallow Pops
- Instant Pot Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake
Grab a free printable copy of our Valentine Pretzels recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Valentines Pretzel Treats
- 20 Square pretzels
- 20 Hershey's Kiss Hugs unwrapped
- 20 pieces Conversation hearts candy
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-slip silicone baking mat.
- Line up pretzels in rows on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place one unwrapped Hershey's Kiss in the middle of each pretzel.
- Bake in the oven for 2-4 minutes. You will know they are ready when the chocolate looks wet and shiny. (They will not melt down - so don’t wait for them! If they bake for too long then they will crack and burn).
- Remove cookie sheet from the oven and carefully place a candy conversation heart on top of each hug. Gently press so that the candy sinks down slightly into the melting Hershey's Kiss. Careful, the melted chocolate and cookie sheet may still be hot.
- Allow to cool completely.