This grapefruit apple cider vinegar drink is packed with nutrients that can help to boost your metabolism, improve digestion, and cleanse your system.
Dr. Oz Swimsuit Slimdown Drink
Summer is on the way and the weather’s getting warmer. That means it’s almost time to break out the shorts and swimsuits!
I recently saw a recipe trending on TikTok called the Dr. Oz Summer Slimdown Drink…and I was totally curious! Does it work? Does it taste good? We had to re-create it and see what the buzz is all about!
When I was in college, I used to take a daily dose of apple cider vinegar. At that time I was in the best shape of my life, so this is a habit I’ve been thinking about starting again.
What is the Dr. Oz Swimsuit Slimdown Drink?
Here’s the scoop…
The “swimsuit slimdown drink” is actually just a new name for a well-known detox drink made with grapefruit juice, apple cider vinegar, and honey. These ingredients are common because they are said to aid in weight loss, among other health benefits:
- Grapefruit juice is a good source of vitamin C and fiber and it is said to help boost your metabolism. Vitamin C is an awesome immune booster!
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural detoxifier, and it is said to help break down fat.
- Honey is a natural sweetener and used to make the drink taste yummy, as grapefruit and ACV are quite tart on their own!
Does It Work?
Short answer: potentially, yes
Apple cider vinegar has long been touted as a weight loss aid, with some scientific research to back up those claims. A 2009 Japanese study found that over the course of 12 weeks, the participants who drank apple cider vinegar daily lost an average of 2-4 pounds, while the placebo group actually gained weight. The participants were told to otherwise continue their normal daily habits, so the only significant change was the vinegar.
Grapefruit juice may also have a similar effect, as a 2004 study at Scripps Clinic in California shows. In this study, the participants who either ate half a grapefruit or drank a glass of grapefruit juice lost an average of more than 3 pounds in 12 weeks. The control group lost a negligible amount.
So it would seem that if you put the two ingredients together, you’d also get equally good (if not better) results!
That being said, it is important to note that there have been no studies on this specific drink recipe for Dr. Oz’s Summer Slimdown Drink.
However, this drink is low in calories, low in fat, and a good source of many vitamins and minerals. Drinking a glass of this grapefruit apple cider vinegar drink before a meal may also help you feel fuller so you consume less food.
In most cases, this drink will be a healthy addition to your daily diet!
- 4 cups Grapefruit Juice
- 4 TB Honey
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Yield: 4 servings
- Pour the grapefruit juice, honey & apple cider vinegar into a drink pitcher.
- Stir well to mix.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice and garnish with fresh grapefruit slices.
- This recipe makes a pitcher of the drink, or about 2-4 servings. I recommend mixing in the pitcher without ice and keeping refrigerated until you’re ready to enjoy. Adding ice to the pitcher will start to water down the drink.
- For a sweeter drink, you can add more honey. For a tarter drink, halve the honey or omit altogether.
- If you don’t have honey, you can substitute with pure maple syrup. (Not table syrup or syrups made with high fructose corn syrup or added sugar).
- For this recipe you can use store-bought grapefruit juice or you can make your own with a juicer. Making your own will ensure that you have a no-sugar added juice, but either way will work fine!
- This drink is fairly acidic, so I don’t recommend drinking more than one cup at a time. Yes, you can have too much of a good thing!
Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and this is a recipe, not intended to be used as health advice.
Dr. Oz Slimdown Drink Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you tried this recipe and liked it, please rate it!
Grapefruit Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Drink
- 4 Cups Grapefruit Juice
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Ice Cubes
- Grapefruit Slices
- Add grapefruit juice, honey, and apple cider vinegar to a pitcher.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour into a glass of ice, garnished with fresh grapefruit slices.
Pin our Apple Cider Vinegar Grapefruit Juice Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: