Finally, a snack you can feel good about giving the kiddos anytime! These healthy green homemade gummy snacks are packed with fruit and veggies and they taste amazing!
Healthy Green Homemade Gummy Snacks
My girls LOVE gummy bears, especially our 3-year old. (Gummy bears and gummy worms are actually her favorite ice cream topping!)
However, most gummy candies are full of sugar and dyes, so they are not something we buy on a regular basis.
Little did I know how easy it is to make your own healthier homemade gummy snacks – this particular recipe is only three ingredients!
Green juice is a favorite in our house because it tastes like regular fruit juice, but is bursting with nutrients from all the fruits and veggies inside. That’s why we made it the basis of our gummy snacks recipe – they’re actually GOOD for you!
Enjoy them as an after school snack (that won’t give the kids a sugar crash later) or a lunchbox treat (that won’t make it difficult to focus). These homemade gummy snacks are an awesome substitute for the sugar laden store bought ones!
Healthy snack + kid approved = mom win!!
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to some of the products used to make this homemade gummy snacks recipe; disclosure policy available here.
(makes 2 dozen gummy snacks)
A free printable copy of this gummy snack recipe with full ingredient amounts and directions is available at the bottom of the post.
Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions or click here to jump to printable recipe.
How to Make Homemade Gummy Snacks
Add the juice and honey to a medium saucepan. Heat until liquid begins to simmer, stirring occasionally (but do not allow it to boil).
Remove pan from heat and sprinkle the 2 packets of gelatin into the mixture. Whisk vigorously until there are no longer any gelatin lumps visible.
Pour gummy liquid into molds, up to the top and chill for 2 hours.
TIP: A small dropper makes this step virtually mess free!
Once chilled and firm, pop the green gummies out of each mold.
Storage Tip: If kept cool in an airtight container, your gummy snacks can last up to two weeks.
- We used Naked Green Machine Smoothie for this round of gummy snacks, however, you can use your favorite brand of green juice.
- Add a hit of protein by using our BEST Tasting Green Protein Smoothie recipe
Related: Try our Strawberry Gummy Bears too!
Grab a free printable copy of our Healthy Green Gummies recipe:
Healthy Homemade Green Gummy Snacks
- 1 cup green smoothie juice
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 packets Knox unflavored gelatin
- Combine juice and honey in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Heat until a liquid reaches a simmer (do not allow it to boil).
- Remove from heat and sprinkle the 2 packets of gelatin on top of the mixture. Whisk vigorously until there are no longer any gelatin lumps visible.
- Pour into your molds, up to the top and chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled and firm, pop the green machine gummies out of each mold and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.