Crisp lettuce, sweet honey ham, and creamy pimento cheese — these Keto Ham and Pimento Cheese Wraps are the perfect fresh and easy lunch for spring and summer! Sponsored by Prime Fresh Delicatessen.
Ham & Pimento Cheese Lettuce Wraps
Growing up we visited my Granny and Grandad’s farm once a week. One of my favorite parts of those visits was lunch with Granny because you never knew what to expect.
Granny worked magic in the kitchen with simple ingredients and leftovers. She was famous for her little sandwiches that she whipped up using whatever she had on hand.
One of the staples in Granny’s fridge was pimento cheese — it made any sandwich taste special.
These ham and cheese wraps are inspired by Granny’s special sandwiches. They’re portable, low carb, delicious, and nutritious — the perfect fresh and easy lunch for spring and summer!
How to Make Keto Ham and Pimento Cheese Wraps
First, watch our quick video demo to see how we made these keto ham wraps, then keep reading more prep tips and a free printable copy of the recipe.
Click video to play:
Now let’s talk about the ingredients! In a simple recipe with only a few ingredients, you can taste every single one, so the quality really does matter.
The Protein: Smithfield Prime Fresh Delicatessen Honey Ham
I’m really picky about the type of lunch meat I use — if you’ve ever tasted bad lunch meat then you understand why!
I love Smithfield Prime Fresh Lunch Meat because their clear packaging allows you to see the freshness. Plus, the re-sealable ziplock keeps it fresher longer.
I’m also picky about the cut of my lunch meat. Sliced too thin and it falls apart, too thick and it’s tough to bite. Prime Fresh lunch meats are just the right thickness. This matters, trust me!!
Did I mention that Prime Fresh lunch meat is always gluten free, contains no MSG, and packs 10 grams of protein per serving?
All reasons that we choose Prime Fresh lunch meats again and again for easy keto recipes!
There are six varieties of Prime Fresh lunch meat, all available in your grocer’s refrigerated packaged lunch meat section. We chose the honey ham for our wraps because it pairs perfectly with pimento cheese.
What is Pimento Cheese?
Pimento cheese is a traditional southern spread made of three primary ingredients:
- Sharp cheddar cheese or smooth processed cheese
- Pimentos (sweet peppers)
I don’t have a specific brand to recommend here, as your selection might vary depending on where you live and where you shop.
If eating keto or low carb is important to you, I recommend checking the ingredients list on the back of the packaging to make sure that there are not a lot of added sugars or starches.
I’d also stick with pimento cheese made from cheddar, versus the processed cheeses. Again, there will be fewer additives.
The pimento cheese we used in our wraps contain 0 grams of carbs and 0 grams of sugar, so it is keto-friendly (and delicious!)
- We rolled up our keto hame lettuce wraps in parchment paper, as this helps keep everything together neatly. Simply roll back the paper when you eat your wrap.
- Feel free to use any type of lettuce you like, though we find that big leafy varieties wrap the best.
- Honey ham is the favorite of my daughters, so we always have some on hand. It contains 4 grams of carbs, which works fine for me on a targeted keto diet (where you need to eat carbs before exercising). The Smoked Ham variety has 2 grams carbs, so it is another option if you’re on a stricter low carb diet.
Printable Keto Ham and Pimento Cheese Wraps Recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
Keto Ham and Pimento Cheese Wraps
- 2-6 slices Prime Fresh Honey Ham
- 2 Tablespoons Pimento cheese spread
- Leaf lettuce
- Spread a piece of parchment paper on your workspace, about 1' square.
- Layer 2-4 leafs of lettuce on your parchment paper, depending on the size of the lettuce you're using.
- On top of the lettuce, layer 4-8 slices of Prime Fresh Honey Ham.
- Spread 2 Tablespoons pimento cheese on top of your ham layer, across the middle.
- Fold the sides of your parchment paper towards the middle, then roll up your wrap from the top down. When you're ready to eat, cut in half and fold back the parchment paper.