Who says tailgate food can’t be healthy too? Crispy, cheesy Buffalo Chicken Keto Cauliflower Tots are guilt-free and totally crave-able! Sponsored by Prime Fresh Delicatessen.
Buffalo Chicken Keto Cauliflower Tots
I love football season.
All summer long, I look forward to the start of football, and of course the food that goes along with it!
My husband is the chef of the family, so our house is the go-to game watching spot. Football game days are twice as much fun when you’re sharing delicious apps and hearty snacks with family and friends!
Problem is, tailgate and party food isn’t exactly known for being healthy.
Since I just had a baby this summer, I’ve been trying to eat a little bit cleaner and get out of my maternity clothes. (That was one of the surprises for me with my firstborn…you have to wear maternity clothes after birth too!)
Because he is totally awesome, my husband volunteered to create a guilt-free appetizer to go along with our game watch parties.
These Buffalo Chicken Keto Cauliflower Tots do not taste healthy! Honestly, they taste like you went to your favorite restaurant and ordered some guilty pleasure appetizers!
I mean, just look at that perfectly crispy exterior!
Related: For another amazing low carb appetizer made with Prime Fresh ingredients, check out our 10-minute Keto Nachos!
The good news is that our Buffalo Keto Cauliflower Tots are way better for you than the usual app!
Here’s just a few of the reasons I love them:
- Low carb
- Gluten free
- High protein
- Packed with veggies
Keep reading for the easy recipe and video tutorial!
How to Make Keto Cauliflower Tots
First, watch our quick video demo to see how we made our buffalo keto cauliflower tots, then keep reading for photo step by step directions. A free printable copy of the recipe is available at the bottom of the post.
Click video to play:
There are quite a few recipes out there for cauliflower tots, but we made ours unique by incorporating Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast from Prime Fresh Delicatessen. This adds a hit of healthy protein and helps keep you feeling satisfied longer.
We chose Prime Fresh Delicatessen by Smithfield because their lunch meats are gluten free and contain no MSG — plus, the clear packaging allows you to see the freshness.
Not only do Prime Fresh Delicatessen selections look fresh, but they taste amazing too! The Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast tastes just like you roasted and sliced it yourself. It’s all the care of homemade, with convenience that can’t be beat.
No wonder Prime Fresh Delicatessen is the #1 Fastest Growing Lunchmeat in the United States!*
You can find Prime Fresh premium lunch meats in your grocer’s meat department.
Related: Check out our “El Gigante” Mexican Ham Torta we made using Prime Fresh Delicatessen ingredients!
*based on IRI Scan data
Recipe Notes & Prep Tips
- This recipe also works with dairy-free Parmesan cheese if you want a dairy and lactose free option.
- We used coconut oil because it has more health benefits than some other oils. However you can use any oil with a high smoke point.
- Want to know more about Keto? Check this post about how many carbs you can have on the keto diet and our most popular keto recipe: No Bake Keto Cookies.
- We formed our mixture into “tot” shapes after coating them in the breading to help them keep their shape.
- Reader tip: Rachelle also suggests letting the tots rest for a little bit after forming them, so they’ll dry out a little bit and the batter will stick.
- You can also cook our keto cauliflower tots in the Air Fryer.
Read this next: Want to see our own REAL results? Read our article “What is Keto” to get our complete beginner’s guide and see my before/after photos!
Enter to Win the Prime Fresh Touchdown Tailgate Sweepstakes
**giveaway closed – thank you to all who entered!**
Prime Fresh Delicatessen is celebrating football season with the Prime Fresh Touchdown Tailgate Sweepstakes. You definitely don’t want to miss this one because there are some really BIG prizes – the Grand Prize is $5,000!!
Contest is open from September 23 through November 4. Visit PrimeFreshDeli.com/sweeps for complete details and rules.
Grab a free printable copy of our Buffalo Chicken Keto Cauliflower Tots recipe:
Buffalo Chicken Keto Cauliflower Tots (with Video)
- 2 cups Cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 8 ounces Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Breast from Prime Fresh Delicatessen chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Buffalo sauce
For the Breading
- 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 6 Tablespoons Almond flour
- Chop cauliflower into "pearls" using a food processor.
- Add chopped cauliflower, chopped Prime Fresh Deli Chicken, garlic powder, egg, and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and Buffalo sauce to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix ingredients together until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls about 1 teaspoon in size.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 6 Tablespoons almond flour.
- Gently roll each cauliflower chicken ball in the coating, then form into "tater tot" shapes.
- Add 1/4 cup coconut oil to a frying pan or sauté pan. Heat oil over medium heat.
- Arrange cauliflower tots on their side in pan, in one half of the pan. (We cooked ours in batches of about 6 tots, but this may vary based on the size of your pan).
- Fry cauliflower tots for 2-5 minutes, gently rolling them from one side of the pan to the other, to ensure that all sides cook equally. (This is why we placed them in only half of the pan to start).
- When tots are golden brown, remove from pan and place on paper towels to cool.
See All of our Favorite Easy Keto Recipes
For more ideas to eat healthy all year long, check out our collection of easy keto recipes: