Delicious chewy holiday peanut butter blossoms with an extra special festive touch! A fun and unique Christmas cookie recipe to try this year!
Holiday Peanut Butter Blossoms
Thumbprint cookies are one of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes. Last year we baked these Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies, which are a rich fudge-y cookie topped with a peppermint kiss candy.
This year we took those same Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses and popped them on top of delicious peanut butter cookies. Except we colored the cookies a festive red so that they match the peppermint kisses.
It’s a delicious, unexpected holiday flavor combination!
You wouldn’t necessarily think that peanut butter and peppermint would go good together, but it totally works!
I am a huge fan of peppermint bark, and that’s what these Hershey’s kisses taste like. I think it must be the creamy white chocolate that plays so well with the peanut butter. YUM!!
PS- If you love peanut butter cookies, but are trying to keep things healthy this season, try our Keto Peanut Butter Cookies! Only 3 ingredients and super easy to make!
Get more holiday recipes delivered right to your inbox each week!
Sign up for our weekly recipe share newsletter below – it’s fun and free!
Every week or so, I’ll send a collection of some of my favorite recipes or NEW additions to the blog right to your inbox!
How to Make Christmas Thumbprint Cookies
A full printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of the post. Keep reading for prep tips or click here to jump to printable copy.
For your convenience in re-creating our Christmas Peanut Butter Blossoms, I’ve provided shop-able ad links to some of the products used; disclosure policy available here.
Kitchen supplies used
- Non-stick silicone baking mat — we use these reusable baking mats in almost all of our recipes! They are washable so you can use them again and again and you don’t need cooking spray.
- Medium cookie scooper — this handy gadget helps create more uniform cookie sizes for more even baking.
- Stand mixer — an essential tool in the kitchen! We bout ours refurbished to save a lot of money.
- Non-slip mixing bowls — definitely helpful when you’re cooking with kids!
Grab a free printable copy of our Christmas Peanut Butter Blossoms:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Holiday Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red gel food coloring
- 1/2 cup white sprinkles
- 24 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a standing mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Switch the mixer to low and add egg, milk, vanilla, and red food coloring.
- Gradually add bowl of dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Pour white sprinkles into a bowl.
- Scoop a small handful of dough into your hands and roll into a ball - about the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Roll dough ball in sprinkles and place on your prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking unwrap the Hershey's Kisses.
- Once cookies are done baking, remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate Kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before enjoying.
Be sure to pin our Christmas Thumbprint Cookies on Pinterest: