Inside: 5 Ways Music Helps Kids Learn. Sponsored by Jungle Jim Music.
I written many times now about how music is a part of our daily lives: from starting the day in a great mood to making chores more fun. It’s my “secret” for getting kids to not only cooperate, but love whatever it is that we are doing.
How Music Helps Kids Learn
One of the most interesting and exciting things about music is that it can actually help kids learn too! Combining learning and fun is definitely a win-win!
5 ways music helps kids learn:
- It is a fun activity that kids will actually want to do.
- Singing out loud helps commit lyrics (and facts!) to memory.
- Dancing along to the music builds gross motor skills.
- Music may improve literacy by encouraging brain development.
- There’s no resistance — kids are learning without even knowing it…and loving it!
An excellent example of this is the popular new Jungle Jim music video series. Through song, Jungle Jim introduces kids to a variety of wildlife — kids learn facts with catchy lyrics. There’s a whole cast of memorable characters including the star of the series Jungle Jim, Cheetah, Monkey, Porcupine, and Tiger.
Each animal has their own video which tells all about their unique characteristics and their way of life. They have distinct voices and varying styles of music which makes it easy for kids to tell them apart and to remember who’s who.
There are already quite a few videos available on JungleJimMusic.com (My daughters watched every single one and already have their favorites: Jungle Jim and Scratch the Porcupine). There is also a Kickstarter campaign underway to create more fun videos — be sure to check it out for the latest updates and songs!
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions are 100% mine.
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Build Your Own Burger Bar Ideas – with Free Printable Sign - August 23, 2019
- Study: Dads that Change Diapers have Happier Wives - August 20, 2019
- How to Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles After Birth - August 19, 2019
Last updated on January 22nd, 2018 at 01:16 pm