What’s inside: The Laundry Products that Will Make Life Easier + 5 Common Laundry Myths Debunked. Sponsored by Tide available at Walmart.
I’ll be honest, laundry wasn’t always my favorite chore. But then I realized I was unintentionally making things harder on myself!
I’ve always been pretty “old school” when it comes to my laundry routine. I used to skip over the new laundry products at the store, like pods and beads. I wasn’t sure how they worked and I was a bit stuck in my ways.
I’m so glad Tide available at Walmart, invited me to get educated about the ”new school” way to do laundry! It makes doing laundry enjoyable (it’s easy and I love the fresh smell) AND saved me money!
Keep reading to find out the truth about some of the most common laundry myths and the tricks I learned from Tide to make doing laundry a breeze!
PLUS I’ll tell you how to snag free samples of my favorite laundry products!
5 Laundry Myths – Busted!
Perhaps you’re like me, and you were taught as a child how to do laundry the “right” way. Or at least you thought it was the right way…
Knowing these laundry truths can make your routine easier, make your clothes last longer, and even save you money! (And who doesn’t want to save money?)
Myth #1 — New laundry products, like pods and beads are a confusing and hard to use.
FACT: I’ll admit I was guilty of thinking this until recently. Then I got to try some of these new laundry products, like Tide PODS plus Downy, and I saw for myself how well they work! Tide PODS plus Downy make life so much easier by:
- Saving time
- Eliminating waste
- Protecting your clothes
Tide PODS plus Downy contain detergent, stain remover, brightener, and Downy Fabric Protect technology — that’s four products in a single concentrated pod!
Simply toss a Tide POD into the washer with each load and go on with your day! Add scent boosting beads (like Downy Unstopables) to the wash cycle and follow-up with a Bounce dryer sheet to complete the easy 3-step regiment for amazingly clean and fresh-smelling clothes.
Myth #2 — Laundry pods are more expensive to use.
FACT: One misconception I had about these new laundry products is that they are not budget-friendly. However that couldn’t be further from the truth!
Tide PODS plus Downy require no measuring, so you get precisely the right amount of detergent every single wash. There’s no over-pouring and no waste, which means you won’t end up purchasing more detergent than you need.
Myth #3 — Cold water doesn’t really get clothes clean.
FACT: New laundry technology in both detergents and washing machines means that you can achieve a deep clean with cold water. (Source) Plus, cold water is less damaging to clothing, easier on the environment, and helps keep your electricity bill lower.
Myth #4 — Towels always need to be washed separately.
FACT: It’s perfectly safe to wash towels with any other cotton clothes. Just be sure to wash lycra or spandex-based clothes apart from heavy cotton items to avoid breaking down the delicate fabrics and/or damaging antimicrobial properties.
Myth #5 — Your washing machine is already clean because it “washes itself” during each laundry cycle.
FACT: Dirt and odors actually build up in your washing machine over time. That’s why it’s important to intentionally clean your machine regularly to avoiding soiling or damaging clothes. Every six months, follow these simple steps to get your washing machine sparkling clean and keep your clothes fresher:
- Fill your machine with hot water and add about three cups of white vinegar and a half cup of baking soda and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Run a regular wash cycle and your machine will be clean as new.
- Use any leftover white vinegar to spray on and wipe down the drum and all seals.
Where to find free samples of the Tide and Downy products that I love and use in my home:
New School Laundry events are happening in more than 1,000 Walmart stores across the country in the next week. There are several in the Houston area that are participating in the tour. I’ll be at the Walmart Supercenter at 155 Louetta Xing in Spring, TX on Saturday at 1:00 p.m. so come see me!
Stop by your Houston area Walmart from 1:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 8th for free samples and coupons! Participating stores listed below.
- Tide PODS plus Downy – 4-in-1 pods that clean as well as six doses of the leading bargain brand liquid detergent
- Downy Liquid Fabric Conditioner
Here’s a list of participating Walmart stores in the Houston area:
- Walmart Supercenter 3450 Cypress Creek Pkwy | Houston, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 13750 East Fwy | Houston, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 10411 North Fwy 45 | Houston, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 5655 E Sam Houston Pkwy N | Houston, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 1118 Silber Rd | Houston, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 5200 Fairmont Pkwy | Pasadena, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 1919 N Main St | Pearland, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 1710 Broadway St | Pearland, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 155 Louetta Xing | Spring, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 10001 Woodlands Pkwy | Spring, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 21150 Kuykendahl Rd | Spring, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 11210 W Airport Blvd | Stafford, TX
- Walmart Supercenter 345 Highway 6 | Sugar Land, TX
Tune into Great Day Houston Friday, April 7th on channel 11 at 9 a.m. to catch me sharing more tips on doing laundry the new school way.
You might also like these awesome Kitchen Hacks:
- When You’re Sleep Deprived Mama, Remember This - January 14, 2021
- How to Start Making Money Blogging (Even as a Beginner) - January 13, 2021
- Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust - January 9, 2021