This easy-to-make dip is loaded with all the flavors of a loaded baked potato, including bacon, sour cream, cheese and chives. It’s perfect for a game day snack or party appetizer.
5-Minute Loaded Baked Potato Dip
When I first started dating my husband, we used to go out to eat a lot and try different restaurants. However, we definitely had our go-to favorites.
One of those were loaded baked potatoes from Pappas BBQ. I’d never had a baked potato that was topped with so many yummy fixin’s before…what a treat! I never could finish the whole thing!
This Loaded Baked Potato Dip has all the flavors of a real loaded baked potato. All of those yummy toppings are mixed into a sour cream base. When you dip your potato chips into it, it really IS a loaded potato!
Another great thing about this recipe is that it only takes a few minutes of prep time. You literally just mix everything together and start dipping.
It’s great for feeding a group, hearty and filling, you can serve it with any of your favorite dippers, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser!
Forget buying boring old dips from the grocery store – this beauty can be whipped up in minutes and it is SO. Darn. Good.
Just a word of warning, once you’ve brought this baked potato dip to a party, you might get requests to make it again. And again. And again…
BONUS – This dip recipe is keto-friendly, with just 1 gram of total carbohydrates.
Related: If you’re a loaded baked potato fan, be sure to check out our Loaded Barbecue Sweet Potato Donuts! (Yes, donuts!)
Affiliate links provided for your convenience in re-creating this recipe; read disclosure policy here.
- Sour cream
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh chives or green onion
A free printable copy of this recipe with full ingredient amounts and directions is available at the bottom of the post.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
To Prep: If your bacon is not already cooked, prepare according to package directions. Drain or pat dry to remove grease, then allow to cool for at least ten minutes. If your bacon IS already cooked and ready to go, skip ahead to the next step.
- Crumble cooked bacon into a medium bowl.
- Add sour cream, cheese, chives, and hot sauce (optional) to the bowl.
- Stir together until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add a sprinkle of your favorite baked potato toppings: more cheese, green onions, bacon, etc.
Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- You can use Bacon Bits in this recipe in a pinch, however, I recommend going with real bacon bits or crumbled homemade bacon for the best flavor.
- Prepare the bacon in advance so that way when you’re ready to make the dip you don’t have to wait for it to cool. You can also use pre-cooked bacon to save time.
- Enjoy this baked potato dip right away, or you can cover and refrigerate for an hour to allow flavors to mingle. Feel free to keep chilled longer if needed before serving.
- Add a sprinkle of salt and cracked black pepper to the finished dip to give it even more authentic baked potato flavor, just like a restaurant!
- Customize your baked potato dips with your favorite potato toppings! You can even switch up the protein on top and add barbecue (a Texas favorite!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make Baked Potato Dip Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can prepare this dip up to a day in advance – it keeps well in the fridge and the flavors actually develop and mingle when you chill it for a little bit. Be sure to keep the dip covered or in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy. I also recommend waiting to add any toppings until right before you serve the dip.
What Should You Serve With Loaded Baked Potato Dip?
This sour cream and bacon dip pairs well with just about anything! Some of our favorite dippers include:
- Potato chips
- Waffle fries
- Crostini or toasted bread
- Fresh veggies
- Pork rinds (for a low carb appetizer)
More Tasty Dip Recipes to Try:
Loaded Baked Potato Dip Recipe (Printable Recipe Card)
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Easy Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- Medium mixing bowl
- 8-10 bacon slices cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cups chives or green onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce optional
- 1 oz dry ranch seasoning mix optional
- Crumble pre-cooked (and cooled) bacon into a medium mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream, cheese, chives, and hot sauce or ranch seasoning (if using) to the bowl and stir together.
- Sprinkle with your favorite potato toppings: salt and pepper, more bacon and cheese, etc.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Be sure to pin our loaded potato dip on Pinterest:
More of our favorite party appetizers: