You’re going to love the festive taste of this Christmas Cranberry Vodka Spritzer! It’s the perfect holiday drink and you can whip up a batch in seconds with just 2 ingredients!
Christmas Vodka Spritzer
The holiday season is a wonderful time but sometimes, you just need a drink! This holiday drink is great for the 21 and over crowd and a fun and delicious recipe to make. You’ll be clinking glasses and saying “cheers” in no time at all!
At our holiday parties, instead of having an “open bar,” I like to make a signature cocktail. For Thanksgiving I always Thanksgiving Margaritas, but for Christmas I try to switch it up and try something new each year.
This Christmas Vodka Spritzer is super simple to make — only 2 ingredients! But it looks amazingly bright and festive, with a rich ruby color and a sprig of rosemary that looks just like a bit of Christmas tree! (Finally a way to use all that rosemary growing in my garden!)
While I was a bartender in my “past life,” you don’t need any special skills or tools to make this drink. Just fill a glass with ice, pour, and garnish! But the end result looks so pretty and tastes fabulous…your guests will think it took a lot of planning and effort on your part!
Another thing I like about this drink is that you can make it as strong or as light as you want. I give suggested measurements, but you can tailor to your needs. I like to make my holiday drinks a bit on the weaker side so everyone can have a drink in hand but things never get too crazy.
So let’s get mixing!
What is a Spritzer?
A spritzer is a fizzy cocktail made by mixing your choice of alcohol with a carbonated beverage such as sparkling water.
White wine and vodka are popular bases for spritzer recipes because they are milder in flavor and color than other types of wine or liquor.
Spritzers are popular because they are often fruit flavored and not as strong as straight liquor, wine, or a traditional martini.
More spritzer ideas:
Christmas Cranberry Vodka Sprite Ingredients:
For your convenience, I’ve provided ad links to supplies used to make this recipe; see our disclosure policy here.
- Winter Spiced Cranberry Sprite — This is a seasonal drink, so you can always substitute with regular lemon lime soda or sparkling water if you can’t find it. I did link to the product on Amazon (which may or may not be the lowest price at any given time) so you can see exactly what it looks like.
- Cranberry Vodka — Deep Eddy Cranberry Vodka is pictured here, as it adds a wonderful rich color to this drink. You can use any cranberry flavored vodka though.
- Ice Cubes — Enough to fill the glass
- Fresh Rosemary — Optional garnish; I think it looks like a festive pine branch!
- Fresh Cranberries — Optional garnish
Kitchen Tools Needed
You don’t really need any special tools or bartending skills to make this drink! However, I will provide some glassware suggestions:
What Kind of Glass Should I Use?
You really can use any type of glassware for this drink, so have fun with it!
I think a tall highball glass would work well because they allow plenty of room for ice and are perfect for mine drinks. We made this in mason jar mugs too and those looked really pretty!
How To Make Winter Spiced Cranberry Cocktail
A free printable copy of the full recipe is below the prep tips.
- Fill a tall cocktail glass or highball glass with ice cubes.
- Add one shot of cranberry vodka, which is 1.5 to 2 ounces, depending on the size of your pour.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with your sparkling beverage. We used Winter Spiced Cranberry Sprite, but you could use regular lemon-lime soda, sparkling water, or any other type of sparkling soda that sounds tasty.
- We garnished our glasses with a sprig of fresh rosemary (it looks like a pine branch) and a toothpick with fresh cranberries. You could also use a lime wheel.
TIP: You may want to give the drink a quick stir to incorporate the two ingredients, however a cocktail shaker is not necessary for this recipe. In fact, it can be a bit risky to shake any cocktail that contains a carbonated liquid because there is potential for that liquid to expand and cause a mess.
More of our favorite Christmas cocktail recipes:
- Mistletoe Margaritas
- Tipsy Peppermint Mocha
- Jack Frost Cocktail
- Tipsy Santa Shooters
- Grinch Jello Shots
- Candy Cane Jello Shots
Grab a free printable copy of our Christmas Vodka Spritzer Recipe
If you like this recipe, please rate it! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.
2-Ingredient Christmas Cranberry Vodka Spritzer
- Winter Spiced Cranberry Sprite (seasonal)
- Cranberry Vodka
- Rosemary optional garnish
- Cranberries optional garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes.
- Add 1 shot of cranberry vodka.
- Fill remainder of glass with soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary & fresh cranberries.
Pin our Christmas Vodka Cranberry Sprite Recipe on Pinterest:
You might also like: