Loaded with healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals — this Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie is a creamy and delicious way to start the day and provides lasting energy.
Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie
Ever since we got our VitaMix, my husband and I have been experimenting with lots of unique & healthy smoothie recipes. We’ve made everything from a Tropical Fruit Charcoal Smoothie to a Strawberry Collagen Smoothie!
This Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie is a bit more “normal” sounding, but every bit as good for you! Loaded with healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals — it’s a delicious way to start the day and provides lasting energy.
While it doesn’t exactly qualify as a low-calorie smoothie, that’s part of the beauty of a paleo diet — no counting calories necessary!
In fact, some nutritionists recommend making up for lower calorie paleo foods with higher calorie paleo-friendly options, like coconut oil, coconut milk, etc. So this paleo pina colada smoothie perfectly fits the bill!
Related: 10 Best Smoothies for Weight Loss
For your convenience, I’ve included shop-able ad links to products used to make this pina colada smoothie recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- Fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- Coconut milk (canned)
- Maple syrup
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Ice (if using fresh pineapple)
- Vanilla protein powder (optional)
A free printable copy of this recipe, with full ingredient amounts and directions, is available at the bottom of the post.
Keep reading for step-by-step instructions and preparation tips or click here to jump to printable recipe.
How to Make a Pina Colada Paleo Smoothie
Combine coconut milk, pineapple chunks, shredded coconuts, maple syrup, lime zest, lime juice, and protein powder (if using) in a high-powered blender.
TIP: If you’ve been eyeing a Vitamix (they are awesome!!), you can save a LOT of money by purchasing a certified refurbished Vitamix like we did!
PREP TIP: If using fresh pineapple, add ice and blend until smooth. If using frozen pineapple, you won’t need to use ice.
Pour it into serving glasses and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Garnish with fresh pineapple and/or lime wedge.
Makes 2 servings.
Grab a Free Printable Copy of our Paleo Pineapple Coconut Smoothie Recipe:
Paleo Pina Colada Smoothie
- 2 cups pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- 2 cup coconut milk canned
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 large lime juice and zest
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup ice if using fresh pineapple
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder optional
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, pineapple chunks, shredded coconuts, maple syrup, lime zest, lime juice, and protein powder (if using).
- Blend on high till smooth.
- Add the ice cubes if using fresh pineapple and blend well. You don’t need ice cubes, if using frozen pineapples.
- Pour it into serving glasses.
- Sprinkle more shredded coconut in each glass and serve immediately.
More of our Favorite Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- When You’re Sleep Deprived Mama, Remember This - January 14, 2021
- How to Start Making Money Blogging (Even as a Beginner) - January 13, 2021
- Healthy Barbecue Chicken Pizza with Sweet Potato Crust - January 9, 2021