These Grinch Christmas Jello Shots are guaranteed to liven up the party! An easy video tutorial and step-by-step recipe included!
Grinch Jello Shots
Jello shots are a flashback to my college days — I think they were pretty much a staple at every party. Not that I went to a lot of parties or anything… wink, wink…
These Grinch Jello shots are such a fun departure from the “usual” holiday drinks. Plus they are super pretty and will look great on your party table! (Be sure to keep out of reach of the kiddos!)
TIP: If you’re hosting a family party, you can totally make these nonalcoholic and serve as a party dessert instead. That way kids can enjoy them too!
More Grinch Inspired Fun
Related: Be sure to try our Grinch cookies too! (picture below) The use the same red heart sprinkles, so you can stock up on those and make both recipes!
How to Make Christmas Jello Shots
A free printable copy of our Grinch Jello shots recipe and video tutorial are both available at the bottom of the post. Keep reading for prep tips or click here to jump to printable recipe and video.
Kitchen Supplies Used:
For your convenience in re-creating our Christmas Jello Shots, I’ve provided shop-able ad links to some of the products used; disclosure policy available here.
- We used these Edible heart confetti sprinkles on top of our whipped cream – they make the perfect “Grinch hearts!”
- Be sure to allow your Jello shot liquid to cool to room temperature before pouring into shot glasses. If the liquid is still boiling it could melt plastic shot glasses or crack glass.
- We love break-resistant shot glasses – they look like real glass, but are actually thick plastic so they’re much safer for parties.
Get more holiday recipes delivered right to your inbox each week!
Sign up for our weekly recipe share newsletter below – it’s fun and free!
Make Cooking Fun (and Easy!)
Grab a free printable copy of our Grinch Jello Shots recipe:
If you like this recipe, rate it! We’d also love to hear what you think in the comments below.
These Grinch Christmas Jello Shots are guaranteed to liven up the party!
- 2 cups water
- 1 packages flavored green gelatin (6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup peppermint schnapps
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- whipped cream for garnish
- peppermints for garnish
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, then pour into a heat-safe bowl. Stir in green Jell-O and mix until dissolved.
- Add peppermint schnapps and spiced rum; stir to mix.
- Pour Christmas Jello shots liquid into shot glasses. Allow to cool to room temperature, then place in fridge to set.
- When serving, garnish with whipped cream and crushed peppermints.
Note: Nutrition information is a rough estimate only; actual values will vary based on the exact ingredients used and amount of recipe prepared.
Note: This recipe contains alcohol and is intended for ages 21+ For a family-friendly version, omit the peppermint schnapps and rum.
More of our favorite holiday cocktail recipes:
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Latest posts by Stacey aka the Soccer Mom (see all)
- Study: Dads that Change Diapers have Happier Wives - August 20, 2019
- How to Strengthen Pelvic Floor Muscles After Birth - August 19, 2019
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sweet Soy Glaze - August 19, 2019
Last updated on July 29th, 2019 at 12:55 pm