These clean car hacks are part of a shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. However, all opinions are 100% mine. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias
I always love those “What’s In my Bag” features in magazines or on other blogs. A look inside a purse gives a glimpse into another person’s life, and you can learn so much about them!
You can also learn about a person by what’s inside their car. We spend so much time in our vehicles and they serve so many more purposes than simply a form of transportation. Our cars are our office, our break room, and sometimes they are our own little haven– our escape from the rest of the world.
I thought it would be fun to give you, my readers, a look inside MY car as a way to get to know me better, and to show you my clean car hacks. So here goes!
With two kids and a busy schedule, my car can get a little cluttered. I don’t always have someone to watch the kids while I go outside to clean the car, so if I have to give someone a ride or go out to the rare special dinner with the hubby, I need to make my car look clean — fast!
Clean Car Hack #1
Keep plastic shopping bags in your glove compartment. I try to carry in any trash that accumulates at least once a week and it’s so much easier just to bag it up and toss it straight in the trash can beside our driveway than trying to juggle it all back into the house. Plastic bags are also perfect for wrapping up any dirty diapers that I have to change while we are running errands. Plus, you’re recycling! Win-win-win!
Clean Car Hack #2
Put big items in the trunk. There are some things I like to keep with me, or that we pick up along the way, and I moved them to my trunk to keep the cabin from piling up. I only keep the necessities with us inside the car itself:
- USB cable — I was thrilled to discover my car had a USB port so I could charge my phone and play music at the same time!
- Car seats for the girls — the dead giveaway that my ride is a “mom car,” but I love knowing that my girls are comfy and safe! (Plus I chose cute patterns for their seats!)
- Yankee Candle On the Go car fragrance — This will make even more sense once we take a look in the trunk, but I love a car that smells fresh and these definitely do the trick!
So what IS inside my trunk?
Let me break it down for you in case you can’t tell what everything is. My truck at this moment contains:
- Baby stroller — I’ve gotten to my destination more than a few times and realized that I did not have a stroller, so I figured it was easier to just keep with me.
- Galoshes (aka my barn boots) —Again, better to have on hand so I don’t drive out to visit my horse and realize that I’ve only got the flip-flops I’m wearing. That too has happened on numerous occasions!
- Baby carrier — I don’t use this as much now that my baby is actually a toddler, but I still keep it in my truck. For sentimental reasons I think.
- Horse blanket in a plastic bag —THIS is the reason my Yankee Candle Ultimate Car Jar really comes in handy! I bagged this up when winter ended (and this was a long time ago here in Texas) and keep forgetting to bring it inside to wash! (Oops!) I’ve managed to hide that horsey smell though, and any other odors that come with having a mom-mobile and horse-lover’s vehicle.
Clean Car Hack #3
Use fragrance to make your car smell clean. (If your car smells fresh, it will trick your mind into thinking it is even cleaner than it is!)
Even though my trunk is packed with stuff, you would never know thanks to my Clean Cotton Yankee Candle Ultimate Car Jar! What before smelled like a horse stall (I don’t mind, but non-horse-people might!) now reminds me of clothes fresh out of the dryer — yum!
You can find the Yankee Candle On the Go car fragrances in the Auto Care or Air Care sections at Walmart (they were marked with a “new” sign when we went which made them very easy to spot.) I picked up two of the Ultimate Car Jars and one of the Smart Scent Vent Clips. At just under $5, they are a great deal for how long they last.
Tip: The Car Jar is perfect for hiding strong smells; if you prefer a subtler fragrance for everyday use, try the Smart Scent Vent Clips which allow you to adjust the level of fragrance released. Make sure to follow instructions carefully for best results!
I use these three clean car hacks to keep my car looking and smelling great! What are your hints for keeping your car organized while you’re on the go? Share them below!
Get a FREE Daily Goal Planner!
Join thousands of moms & dads in sharing ideas and positivity by subscribing to the Soccer Mom Blog Weekly Inspiration Newsletter - and get a FREE Daily Goal Planner, too!
Last updated on November 29th, 2016 at 08:42 am
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram