Shrimp and Salmon Pasta might just be my favorite healthy dinner recipe of all time! Served with a rich, flavorful lemon broth and fresh veggies.
Shrimp & Salmon Pasta with Lemon Broth
This salmon pasta is hands-down one of our family’s top dinner picks. Even both girls (9 and 3) LOVE it (and usually ask for seconds!)
Even though it tastes like a gourmet restaurant dish, our easy salmon pasta takes 30 minutes (or less) to prepare and uses only 7 simple, real-food ingredients. It’s the perfect healthy dinner for busy weeknights when you’re in a hurry but don’t want to sacrifice nutrition and flavor.
Note: Post contains ad links to products we love and use at home; read our disclosure policy here.
Here’s what you need to make Citrus Leek Salmon and Shrimp:
Healthy Salmon Pasta Recipe
A free printable copy of this recipe is available at the bottom of this post. Keep reading for photo step-by-step instructions and cooking tips or click here to jump straight to printable recipe.
Step 1 – Prep Your Veggies
Chop leeks into strips no more than 1/4″ inch wide (use both the green and white part). Cut grape tomatoes in half and set aside.
Add leeks to a large sauté pan with a bit of cooking oil (My husband loves his Kila Chef Copper Bottom Sauté Pan) on medium-low heat. Allow to cook down for about 5-10 minutes until soft.
Step 2 – Build Your Broth
Add shrimp (peeled and de-veined) and tomatoes to sauté pan with leeks.
Add 1/3 cup Mirin, zest of half a lemon, and 1 cup chicken broth. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste.
TIP: We often use a garlic-infused chicken broth for extra flavor; if using regular chicken broth you may want to add a pinch of garlic powder to your pan.
Simmer for 10-12 minutes. If liquid begins to boil, reduce heat.
Step 3 – Cook Your Salmon
We use the same method to cook salmon for almost all of our salmon recipes — it’s nearly foolproof!
Click here to learn how to cook salmon at home, just like the restaurants do!
TIP- You can do this while your broth is simmering. Your salmon filets should take about 15-20 minutes to cook, so if the broth starts to reduce too much, simply remove from heat.
Step 4 – Put it All Together
This dish is amazing enough to stand alone (for any low-carbers out there) but we enjoy it with pasta, especially brown rice vermicelli or spaghetti.
Prepare your choice noodles according to directions on box. We usually do this step while the salmon cooks.
Add juice of one lemon to the finished broth. Place salmon on top of noodles and finish with shrimp, broth, and veggies.
Free Printable Copy of our Healthy Salmon Pasta Recipe:
Shrimp & Salmon Pasta with Lemon Broth
- 2 salmon filets 2-4 medium size filets
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 1 stalk leek chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup Mirin may sub other white wine
- 1 cup Chicken broth may sub vegetable broth
Step 1 - Prep Your Veggies
- Chop leeks into strips no more than 1/4" inch wide (use both the green and white part). Cut grape tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Add leeks to a large sauté pan with a bit of cooking oil on medium-low heat. Cook about 5-10 minutes until soft.
Step 2 - Build Your Broth
- Add shrimp (peeled and de-veined) and tomatoes to sauté pan with leeks.
- Add 1/3 cup Mirin, zest of half a lemon, and 1 cup chicken broth. Sprinkle salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes. If liquid begins to boil, reduce heat.
Step 3 - Cook Your Salmon
- Place salmon filets skin side up on a lightly greased frying pan over medium heat.
- Once salmon is cooked halfway through, flip so skin side is facing down. You will see a distinct line in the middle of the filet when it’s time to flip (about 7-10 minutes).
- Turn off heat, cover, and let salmon filets steam ten minutes for medium doneness. (If you like your salmon medium-well, add 2-3 extra minutes).
Step 4 - Put it All Together
- Prepare your choice noodles according to directions on box. We usually do this step while the salmon cooks.
- Add juice of one lemon to the finished broth. Place salmon on top of noodles and finish with shrimp, broth, and veggies.
More of our favorite easy salmon recipes:
- Pan-Seared Salmon with Thai “Secret” Sauce
- Salmon Teriyaki Hand Rolls
- Baked Salmon in Foil with Vegetables