This smooth & sweet Caramel Moonshine is the perfect way to warm up on a cool Fall night!
Caramel Moonshine Recipe
You’ve probably seen commercials for flavored “moonshine” on television or seen them in stores. They’re super tasty and super popular right now!
Did you know it’s surprisingly easy to make your own homemade moonshine? It’s cheaper too!
Technically, this is not true “moonshine” because you’re not distilling your own alcohol (that could get you into trouble!) These days when you see something labeled moonshine, it’s usually an infused liquor.
Infused moonshine recipes are so much fun for parties and holidays, because you can incorporate just about any flavor. This Caramel Moonshine recipe is the perfect Fall treat (for grown-ups!)
Tip: Try it mixed with coke for a super smooth drink!
Supplies to make Caramel Moonshine:
I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience in finding supplies used to make this recipe; disclosure policy available here.
- 4 small mason jars with lids (8-10oz)
- 60 caramel squares (15 for each jar)
- 4 cups vodka* (1 cup per jar)
Note: You can use vodka, Everclear, or your choice of clear liquor for this recipe.
Directions to make caramel infused liquor:
Unwrap caramel candies and place 15 in the bottom of each jar. Fill your jar with vodka until you have about 1/2 inch left to the top.
Shake for 1-2 minutes and store in a cool place for about a week.
When it’s time to open your jars, strain the liquor through a cheesecloth or fine strainer into a large pitcher. Discard any remaining pieces of candy.
Pour your caramel moonshine back into the mason jars, seal, and store in refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Tip: You can infuse your moonshine recipe for up to 2 weeks for more potent caramel flavor. Steeping for longer than 2 weeks is not necessary and could result in bitter taste. I found these hints for infusing alcohol to be helpful.
Grab a free printable copy of our Caramel Moonshine here:
- 4 small mason jars with lids 8-10oz
- 60 caramel squares 15 for each jar
- 4 cups vodka* 1 cup per jar
- Unwrap caramel candies and place 15 in the bottom of each jar. Fill your jar with vodka until you have about 1/2 inch left to the top.
- Shake for 1-2 minutes and store in a cool place for about a week.
- When it's time to open your jars, strain the liquor through a cheesecloth or fine strainer into a large pitcher. Discard any remaining pieces of candy.
- Pour your caramel moonshine back into the mason jars, seal, and store in refrigerator until you're ready to serve.
More of our favorite moonshine recipes:
FREE Printable Daily Planner
Complete the form to subscribe to our weekly newsletter with inspirational messages for moms, free family-friendly activities, giveaways, special offers, and more! You'll also get a FREE printable daily goal planner as a thank you for subscribing!
Last updated on May 10th, 2019 at 04:30 pm
Have you ever thought about starting a blog of your own? Click here to find out more!
Follow the Soccer Mom Blog on Pinterest - Facebook- Twitter - Instagram