How to make 5 different flavored moonshine recipes at home. Each of these homemade moonshine recipes is only 2 ingredients and couldn’t be easier!
How to Make Homemade Moonshine
The beauty of homemade infused liquor, or moonshine, is its simplicity. It’s easy to make!
Here are our top tips for making your own moonshine:
- Store moonshine in a cool, dark place while it “brews.” Keep away from sunlight or heat sources.
- Allow your moonshine to steep for 2-5 days to let the flavor develop, before straining your infused ingredients. While you could steep for longer, we don’t recommend more than 1-2 weeks as it can start to turn bitter instead of sweet!
- For potent moonshine, use Everclear as your liquor (but use with caution because that stuff is strong!!). For a smoother and less potent moonshine, use vodka.
- Please enjoy responsibly!
What is Moonshine?
Trust me, I get a LOT of comments debating whether or not these recipes are REAL moonshine! I grew up in West Virginia, so I know what real moonshine is. Here’s the scoop…
Moonshine is any type of homemade distilled alcohol or spirits, which is illegal because it skirts around government regulations and taxes. So of course I can’t tell you to go and do that!
But don’t worry!! None of these homemade recipes are illegal because we’re not actually making alcohol — we’re simply taking regular flavorless spirits like vodka or Everclear and infusing them with our own unique flavors!
So no, these infused alcohol recipes are not technically moonshine, but they are in the spirit (see what I did there?!) of things and they are so darn tasty!
I’ve included affiliate links for your convenience in re-creating these recipes; disclosure policy available here.
2-Ingredient Flavored Moonshine Recipes
These are our favorite infused liquor recipes! Each one has a distinctly different flavor and is perfectly delicious sipped on their own, or used as a feisty cocktail mix-in.
First, you’ll want to make sure you have the essential tools. Don’t worry, nothing too complicated!
That’s it! Told ya’ it’s all simple supplies!
1. Caramel Moonshine
This smooth flavored moonshine is a creamy blend of rich caramel and vodka. It’s perfect for sipping or for mixing with coke for a delicious dessert-like cocktail!
- 60 caramel squares (15 for each jar)
- 4 cups vodka* (1 cup per jar)
2. Sweet Tarts Candy Moonshine
The perfect blend of sweet and tangy fruit flavors that really packs a punch! An excellent mixer for shots and fruity cocktails!
- 6 cups Everclear
- 1-2 cups sweet tarts candy
3. Strawberry Moonshine
Gorgeous and delicious! This homemade strawberry moonshine is infused with real fruit!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1-2 cups vodka
4. Candy Corn Moonshine
Candy corn and fall go hand in hand, and this homemade candy corn moonshine recipe is basically fall in a jar!
- 2 cups vodka or Everclear
- 1 cup candy corn
5. Jolly Rancher Moonshine
- 10 pieces of Jolly Rancher hard candy (unwrapped)
- 2 cups vodka or Everclear
How to Store Homemade Moonshine
Since it’s potent stuff, you likely won’t use all of your moonshine in one sitting. The good news is that it can be kept for up to a month if stored properly!
- Room Temperature: Homemade infused vodkas like these can stay good in an airtight container for up to 1-2 weeks. Keep in a cool dark place.
- Refrigerator: Homemade infused vodka can be stored in the fridge for a month. We recommend keeping your homemade moonshine in a sealed container (like a mason jar) in the fridge for best results.
Have you tried homemade moonshine before? What is your favorite flavor? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
Be sure to check out our collection of 30 Best Margarita Recipes too!