This Chipotle Chicken Melt is brilliantly simple, but it is hands-down one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever tasted! Sponsored by Curly’s BBQ.
I don’t know about you, but I have a running list in my head of the most delicious foods I’ve ever eaten — most decadent slices of cake, juiciest burgers, and of course, the most crave-worthy sandwiches.
My husband owns a Cuban Food Truck, so sandwiches are kind of his thing. His “Ultimo” (a souped-up version of the classic Cubano) is hard to beat, but I think he’s done it with this Chipotle Chicken Melt!
Chipotle Chicken Melt Sandwich
What makes this sandwich so special?
With only 4 ingredients, it sounds simple, yet the flavors are so complex! After one bite I threw caution to the wind and dove in — right into melty, saucy sandwich heaven.
First, we layered thick Italian bread with a smoky-sweet homemade Chipotle mayo sauce. Next, we piled our sandwich high with Curly’s BBQ Sauceless Pulled Chicken. We topped it off with creamy Oaxaca cheese for maximum melting and pressed the whole thing so the flavors come together for the ultimate eating experience.
Related: Love sandwiches? Then you’ve GOT to try our “El Gigante” Mexican Ham Torta!
This is a big sandwich, serving 4-6, so it’s perfect to feed a crowd! Whether it’s a quick weeknight meal, holiday party, or even a tailgating spread, this Chipotle Chicken Melt is guaranteed to wow ’em!
The best part? It’s ready in 20 minutes or less!
We’ve been fans of Curly’s BBQ for a while now, but their Sauceless Pulled Chicken is our absolute favorite of all their varieties. The meat may be sauceless, but it is roasted and seasoned so that it is packed with flavor. It’s such a versatile ingredient, perfect for just about any recipe that calls for chicken.
You can find Curly’s BBQ products in your local grocer’s refrigerated meat case. Curly’s BBQ is one of our secrets for getting dinner on the table fast!
One last bit of advice before we head into the recipe…
Don’t be shy with the chipotle mayo — this stuff is magical!!
Related: For another one of our favorite chicken sandwich recipes, try our Teriyaki Chicken Burger!
Grab a free printable copy of our Chipotle Chicken Melt recipe:
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
By submitting this form, you consent to receive emails from The Soccer Mom Blog
Chipotle Chicken Melt
Chipotle Chicken Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 loaf Italian bread about 2" long
- 1 container Curly's BBQ Sauceless Pulled Chicken
- 10 ounces Oaxaca cheese sliced
- 1 cup salad dressing or mayo
- 1/4 cup canned chopped adobo pepper
Honey Butter Ingredients (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup butter softened
First, make the chipotle mayo:
- Combine 1 cup salad dressing and 1/4 cup canned chipotle pepper in food processor and blend until smooth.
- We used salad dressing in our sauce because the sweetness provides the perfect contrast to the smoky spice of the chipotle pepper, but you can also use regular mayonnaise if that's what you have on hand.
Make your honey butter topping:
- Combine one heaping Tablespoon honey with 1/4 cup softened butter in a small mixing bowl. Whip together until well combined.
To build the sandwich:
- If you're using a large loaf of Italian bread like we did, you may want to cut into two pieces for easier handling and cooking. Then, slice your bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread a generous coating of chipotle mayo on each piece of bread. This sauce is magical!!
- Next, layer the bottom halves of bread with Curly's BBQ Sauceless Pulled Chicken. One package should be more than enough to cover all the bread, but if you like extra meat, feel free to double up and use two packages.
- Slice your Oaxaca cheese and spread evenly on top of the chicken. Cover with the top halves of bread.
- While you heat up your sandwich press or griddle, spread the top and bottom of each sandwich with honey butter.
- Place sandwich in press or on griddle and gently press down as the sandwich cooks. This will take about 5 minutes or so, but you'll know your sandwich is ready when the cheese is melted and the bread is a rich golden brown.
- Remove sandwich from press and slice.
Enjoy your chipotle chicken melt hot off the press, or save it for later — this sandwich reheats well.
See more easy, delicious recipes from Curly’s Kitchen & Chef Clara at www.RoadTripEats.com/videos — a new favorite might just be a click away!